Raritan Z-Series Starter Kit
For upgrade or replacement options: Contact Us
- Densely packed 1U and 2U rack mount servers
- Corporate data centers, ISPs, co-location and Web hosting facilities
- Computer test labs, call centers, help desks, training rooms
The Raritan Z-Series 4200U Starter Kit (Z4200U-KIT2) Comes with one USTS User Station, three UKVMSPD Computer Interface Modules, one TER-RJ45 RJ45 Terminator, one Power Supply, and three Cat 5e UTP Patch Cables.
The ultimate space saver
Raritan's innovative Z-Series offers a switchless solution that enables access and control of multiple servers from a single user console (keyboard, monitor, and mouse), without consuming precious rack space. Z-Series Z4200U employs Raritan's unique communication technology to control up to 42 servers and eliminate the traditional KVM switch box and all hard-to-manage server-to-server cable. It is designed to support the most challenging demands of server management where space is at a premium or where systems to be accessed are up to 1,000 feet away via Category 5 UTP cable.
Simplified installation and operation
Z-Series replaces the traditional KVM switch-to-multiple-server cabling configuration with an innovative chain-like server-to-server arrangement, significantly reducing cable clutter. Small Computer Interface Modules (Z-CIMs) connected to the keyboard, video, and mouse ports of each server are linked with standard Category 5 UTP cable and transmit the keyboard, video, and mouse signals to a User Station. A keyboard, monitor, and mouse (PS/2 or Sun) plug into the User Station, enabling the user to select and control up to 42 servers via simple on-screen user interface menus. Since Z-series components are plug and play, servers can be added at any time with no interruption of server operation.
Seamless interface to Raritan's enterprise-class Paragon
Z-Series is Paragon Ready™, for convenient, clustered access and control of high-density rack mounted servers in large-scale data centers. Connect the first Z-CIM in the chain directly to Raritan's Paragon with a single Category 5 UTP cable.
- Simple plug and play auto-configure installation
- Add a server anywhere in the chain at any time
- Multi-platform Z-CIMs--mix PCs, Sun*, and USB*
- Keep-alive keyboard/mouse emulation for flawless operation
- Hot connect a user console to any server
- Hot-swap components with no impact on server operation
- User Station supports both PS/2 and Sun* user console
- Select computers by name from on-screen menus
- Automatic Video Tuning (AVT) adjusts video quality automatically
- Supports high-resolution video--to 1600 x 1200
- Locate user up to 1,000 feet away from servers via Category 5 UTP cable
- Available Starter Kit for one user and three servers
- Seamless interface to Raritan's Paragon for clustered access to high-density servers
- *Available Q3 2002