The Icron 00-00050 USB Ranger 422 uses ExtremeUSB technology to extend the range of USB 1.1 full-speed and low-speed devices up to 500 meters using multitode, fiber-optic cable. The fiber-optic transmission system built into the USB Ranger 422 enables you to place USB devices 500 m/1640 ft away from their host. Since the USB Ranger appears to the operating system to be a generic USB hub, it is compatible with all operating systems that support hubs - Windows 98, ME, 2000, XP, Apple, Solaris, Linux and more. No additional software is required.
Icron USB Ranger Features:
- Supports USB 1.1 (low-speed, full-speed) devices up to 12 Mb/s.
- Remote Extender (REX) is equipped with 4 USB ports.
- Provides support for both low-power and high-power USB devices.
- Power adapters are available for North American (110V) or International (110 - 240V) applications.
- Fully compliant with USB 1.1 Specification, as certified by the USB Implementers Forum.
- Number of devices can be increased using standard USB hubs.
- Local Extender (LEX) unit
- Remote Extender (REX) unit
- USB cable
- (2) power adapters
- User Guide
Icron 00-00050 Specifications:
|Height||1.5 in. (38 mm.)||1.5 in. (38 mm.)|
|Width||4.5 in. (114 mm.)||4.5 in. (114 mm.)|
|Depth||4.2 in. (106 mm.)||4.2 in. (106 mm.)|
|Weight||0.6 lb. (0.3 kg.)||0.6 lb. (0.3 kg.)|
|Upstream||1 x USB Type B||1 x MT-RJ|
|Downstream||1 x MT-RJ||4 x USB Type A|
|Temperature Range||4°C to 40°C|
|Adapter Capacity||15V DC @ 1A (connected at LEX and REX)|
|Power available to USB at REX||4 x 500mA|
|Range (over 62.5/125 µm multimode fiber)||1600 ft. (500 m.)|
|USB Cable||6.6 ft. (2 m.)|
Answer: Thank you for your inquiry. Since this unit is discontinued, we cannot confirm or deny compatibility with Windows 7. However, since it does not require any software drivers, it should function fine.
Again, we can't guarantee compatibility, though.