The Icron 00-00208 USB 2.0 Ranger 440 is a 4-port Cat5 KVM Extender. This Cat 5 extender represents a significant milestone in the USB market supporting USB 2.0 peripheral devices at speeds up to 480 Mb/s over a distance of 50 m/164 ft. The USB 2.0 Ranger 440 supports four device ports via an integrated hub. Both solutions are Class A devices enabling host computer and peripheral extension over standard Category 5 UTP cable.
USB 2.0 Ranger 440 systems include a Local Extender (LEX) module, a Remote Extender (REX) module, a USB cable, 2 power adapters and User Guide.
Icron USB 2.0 Cat5 Extender Diagram
Icron 00-00208 Features:
- Supports USB 1.1 (low-speed, full-speed) and USB 2.0 high-speed devices
operating up to 480 Mb/s.
- True plug and play, no drivers required.
- Supports all major operating systems including Windows, Mac-OS, Linux and Sun.
- Number of devices can be increased using standard USB hubs.
- Powered at both LEX (local extender) and REX (remote extender) units.
- USB ports at REX support high powered (500mA) devices.
Icron 00-00208 Specifications:
|Mechanical||LEX unit||REX unit|
|Height||1.4 in. (34 mm.)||1.5 in. (38 mm.)|
|Width||4.25 in. (107 mm.)||4.5 in. (114 mm.)|
|Depth||3.4 in. (84 mm.)||4.2 in. (106 mm.)|
|Weight||0.6 lb. (0.3 kg.)||0.13 lb. (60 g.)|
|Operating Temperature||4°C to 40°C|
|LEX (upstream)||1 x USB Type B|
|LEX (downstream)||1 x RJ-45|
|REX (upstream)||1 x RJ-45|
|REX (downstream)||4 x USB Type A|
|Power adapter Maximum Rating||5V DC @ 3A connected at LEX & REX|
|Power available to each USB at REX||500mA|
|Regulatory Testing||FCC, CE Class A|