The Icron USB Ranger 2104 (00-00234) extends USB 2.0 beyond the desktop, up to 100m over standard Cat 5 UTP cable using Extreme USB technology.
The USB Ranger 2104 extender represent a significant milestone in the USB market supporting USB 2.0 peripheral devices at speeds up to 480 Mb/s over a distance of 100m/330ft, doubling the extension distance of 50m/165ft of the previous generation.
Powered by patented ExtremeUSB technology, the USB Ranger 2104 supports four device ports via an integrated hub. This solution enables host computer and peripheral extension over standard Cat 5 UTP cable. Note the remote units require AC power for proper operation. The products ship with the required power adapter.
Icron USB Ranger 2101 and 2104 (00-00234) Function Diagram
Icron USB Ranger 2101 and 2104 (00-00234) Features & Benefits:
- Extends USB 2.0 high-speed and USB 1.1 (low speed, full speed) dvices up to 100m over Cat5 cable.
- Supports all USB device types: control, interrupt, bulk and isochronous at up to 480Mbps.
- True plug and play, ready to operate right out of the box. No new driver installation required.
- Supports all major operating systems including Windows, Mac OS, and Linux.
- Single port USB extender. Number of devices can be increased using standard USB hubs.
- Ideal for I/O devices, printers, scanners, web cams, hard drives, flash drives and mp3 players.
- Bus powered local unit at computer. A/C power at remote unit provides standard 500mA at USB.
Answer: Thank you for your inquiry. We could not locate a specific pin out diagram for this discontinued unit, but looking at the manual (http://www.icron.com/pdf/usb-2-0-ranger-2104-userguide.pdf) we see no reason that it would not be the standard pin-out.
UPDATE: We have confirmed with the manufacture that the the USB 2.0 Ranger 2104 follows the standard USB pin-out.
Question: I am attempting to identify the current life cycle status of 4 Port USB Extender, Icron PN: 10-00234. I appreciate any information you can provide.
Answer: Thank you for your inquiry,
According to Vendor, Icron 10-00234 is not a valid part number. If are looking for 00-00234, this part has been discontinued in 2015 and is now replaced by the 00-00347.