The Minicom by Tripplite Phantom Specter 0SU51012 is a micro-sized PS/2 KVM switch, which is especially designed for single user KVM management of up to 63 servers on a single line making it the ideal solution for high density server and rack environments like server farms, data centers or corporate server rooms. The micro-sized Specter KVM provides much more power than a conventional switch by freeing up rack space, eliminating cable clutter and maximizing your flexibility.
The Phantom Specter system consists of two separate units:
- 1 Universal Phantom Manager (UPM) unit per system (sold separately)
- 1 Remote unit per computer (Specter) up to 63 per line
Minicom by Tripplite 0SU51012 Features and Benefits:
- Single user control of up to 63 servers on a single line
- Zero U rack space - more room for servers
- Advanced OSD management and multi-layered security
- Pure hardware solution - BIOS level access
- Low density CAT5 cabling that ends cable clutter
- Scalable - buy only what you need and add as you grow
- Flexible server/KVM console placement up to 110m/360ft away
- No external power supply at Specter units
Minicom by Tripplite 0SU51012 Specifications:
|Height||1.1 in. (28 mm.)|
|Width||3.39 in. (86 mm.)|
|Depth||1.77 in. (45 mm.)|
|Weight||0.57 lb. (260 g.)|
|Shipping Weight||1.76 lbs. (800 g.)|
|Consumption||From KB port 5VDC |
Answer: The Mean Time Before Failure for the Phantom Specter II PS/2 is 983,861 hours or 112 years, as reported by the manufacturer.
Question: Looking for simple device a user can plug into their video & usb device and plug into the network so i can remotely work on their pc.
Answer: It sounds like you are looking for a single-user/single-port KVM-over-IP switch. The above product requires a manager in addition to this module. For your application, we would recommend the Dominion KX2-101-V2. The KX2-101-V2 provides secure, Non-blocked KVM-over-IP access to a single computer in a portable, palm sized package.
Question: do you have the "PHANTOM SPECTER 1SU51010/R REV. 1.8" ?
Answer: Thank you for your inquiry. Unfortunately, no we do not have the "PHANTOM SPECTER 1SU51010/R REV. 1.8"and could not find a source to order from.
Question: We were using the part "Tripp Lite - Specter II PS/2 Remote Unit (0SU51012)" which seems to be obsolete now. We would like to get a replacement part for the same.
Answer: Thank you for your inquiry,
Which KVM Switch are you using the Specter II PS/2 Remote Unit (0SU51012) with? We will need that information in this case for a suggestion for a direct replacement from TrippLite.