Avocent ESP 2 Port Multi-Interface Ethernet Serial Hub
Recommended replacement: 4-Port Console Servers
Alternative options: Contact Us
The Avocent 990458 is a 2-port ESP-2 MI multi-interface serial hub provides serial over IP access, which allows devices to be placed at the point of need. Windows, Linux, and UNIX applications are able to access network-attached peripherals as if they were directly connected. Installation is quick and simple with structured cabling benefits. Serial COM ports for new devices can be connected in minutes "on the fly" and do not require opening your server or interrupting operations. Simply attach the ESP serial hub to twisted-pair Ethernet and load the device driver on the server.
In addition to COM port redirection, the Avocent ESP serial hubs offer RAW TCP, serial tunneling, modem emulation and Telnet modes of operation. When configured to work in tandem, two ESP serial hubs act as a virtual serial cable across IP networks. The onboard Telnet server enables Telnet clients to access console ports of serially-managed devices.
Avocent ESP-2 MI Serial Hub Diagram
Avocent 2 Port Serial Hub Features:
- Selectable serial signaling - RS-232, RS-422, RS-485 interfaces
- Unattended install - Quick and consistent installations without onsite technical staff
- High availability - Multi-host attachment allows for hot-backup solutions
- Selectable Connections Methods - Telnet Server, COM Redirection, RAW TCP Client/Server, Serial Tunneling
- Browser-based management - An internal web server offers a secure means to configure and manage ESP serial hubs - configuration, port status, loopback testing, data scope
- Modem/control signals - CTS, RTS, DSR, DCD, DTR
- One click 'replace' option - Add a new unit without configuration
- Structured cabling - Cable clutter is eliminated and reduces installation cost
- On-the-fly connectivity - Connect additional serial ports and new devices in minutes on the fly - no need to open your server or interrupt operations
- ESP-View - Remotely diagnose cable and device anomalies with ESP-View, a built-in Java-based diagnostic utility, using loopback, data scope, breakout box, and monitoring capabilities
- EquiView Plus and ESPDIAG - ESP serial hubs include management applications including EquiView Plus for Windows and ESPDIAG for UNIX and Linux
Avocent ESP-2 Hub Specifications:
|Height||1.62 in. (4.11 cm.)|
|Width||4.74 in. (12.04 cm.)|
|Depth||4.38 in. (11.13 cm.)|
|Weight||2.0 lbs. (0.9 kg.)|
|Operating Temperature||0 to 40 degrees C|
|Humidity||10% to 90% (non-condensing)|
|Operating Voltage||9VDC - 30VDC (at less than 4W)|
|Connectors||(2) DB-9 Male DTE ports|
|Modem Control||RTS, CTS, DSR, DTR, DCD|
|Surge Suppression||On every pin of every port|
|Operating Systems||Windows NT/2000/2003/XP, Citrix, Linux, AIX, UNIX, SCO, Solaris |
IBM Server Proven
|Approved Agency||UL 60950-1, CSA C22.2 No. 60950-1 (cUL listed), FCC Part 15 Class A, CE|
Answer: Thank you for your inquiry. Please contact you KVM Switches Online sales engineer, toll free at 1-877-586-6654, to discuss replacement options.
Question: what converter replace it (Avocent ESP 2 Port Multi-Interface Ethernet Serial Hub)?
Answer: Thank you for your inquiry,
Avocent no longer carries a direct or indirect replacement for the 990458-001 Serial Hub. I am also not aware of an equivalenet product. Sorry for the inconvenience.