AdderLink Silver CAT 5 KVM Extender
Replaced by: Adder X2-DA-SILVER
Alternative options: Contact Us
The AdderLink Silver ALSTX/ALSRX CAT5 KVM extender offers KVM extension with remote KVM switch and local control. Convenient and remote control of a PC or KVM switch over 200m (650 ft) of UTP cable. The AdderLink Silver has all the features of the AdderLink plus local KVM control and a remote KVM switch, for added flexibility. The AdderLink ALSTX/ALSRX is designed to control a PC or KVM switch remotely over a single network cable. Serial RS232 is featured as standard, making this Cat5 extender ideal for 'touch screen', remote industrial and other serial applications.
The AdderLink Silver local (transmitter) unit has a KVM console connection that enables the computer or KVM switch to be controlled by a local keyboard, monitor and mouse. The remote (receiver) unit has a computer connection and an integral KVM switch that enables the remote user to switch their KVM console to control either the computer connected to the receiver unit or the computer / KVM switch connected to the transmitter unit. Both the transmitter and receiver can be conveniently rackmounted in pairs by using the optional 1U rackmount kit (sold separately).
Adder ALSTX/ALSRX Features:
- Integrated KVM switch allows a computer to be connected at the remote location
- High SVGA video quality
- Compatible with all major operating systems including DOS, OS/2, UNIX, Windows, Netware and Linux
- Supports PC style (PS/2) keyboards and mice and many extra key, button and wheel features
- Also supports older style AT keyboards and RS232 mice
- Transparent RS232 connection ensures maximum device support
- Distance of up to 200m (650 feet) supported between transmitter and receiver
- 'Feed through' KVM console connection at local (transmitter) unit provides local control capability
- Password protection mode
- Application - not suitable for linking between buildings.
- Indicators - The remote and local units are fitted with a link/activity indicator that shows the link status and indicate keyboard and mouse data activity.
- Local Console - enables the computer or KVM switch to be controlled by a local keyboard, monitor and mouse
- Remote KVM switch - enables the screen keyboard and mouse of the users PC to control both the desktop PC and the remote PC/KVM switch.
- Video compensation - Adjustable video compensation amplifiers enable the video sharpness to be adjusted using the keyboard.
- Keyboard control - The cable equalization are controlled in 'configuration mode' using the keyboard attached to the remote (KVM console-end) unit.
Adder ALSTX/ALSRX Package Includes:
- Local (computer-end) unit
- Remote (KVM console-end) unit
- IEC style power supply and power cord
- Safety and installation leaflet
- CD manual
- Stick on rubber feet.
|Mechanical||Local Unit||Remote Unit|
|Height||1 in. (27 mm.)||1 in. (27 mm.)|
|Width||6.6 in. (168 mm.)||6.6 in. (168 mm.)|
|Depth||5.3 in. (136 mm.)||5.3 in. (136 mm.)|
|Weight||1.1 lb. (526 g.)||1.1 lb. (526 g.)|
|Keyboard||2 x 6-pin mini-DIN female||2 x 6-pin mini-DIN female|
|Mouse||2 x 6-pin mini-DIN female||2 x 6-pin mini-DIN female|
|Monitor||2 x 15-pin high-density D-type female||2 x 15-pin high-density D-type female|
|Serial||1 X 9 pin D type female||1 X 9 pin D type male|
|CATx cable||1 x RJ45||1 x RJ45|
|Optional Power Adapter||2.5mm DC jack (only required for video only applications)||2.5mm DC jack|
|1600 x 1280||up to 100 meters/330 feet|
|1024 x 768||up to 200 meters/650 feet|
|Temperature Tolerance||0-40°C (32 to 104°F)|
|Humidity Tolerance||5 to 60% non condensing|
|Usage||5VDC at 500mA|
|Distance||Up to 200 meters / 650 feet using CATx cable (x=5,5e,6,7)|
|Technology||Differential analogue signaling for video signals, differential digital signaling for PS/2 keyboard, PS/2 mouse, RS232. Signals are multiplexed so that only one CATx cable is required|
|Computer/KVM switch||Compatible with desktop, rack mount and laptop PCs with PS/2 keyboard and mouse connections|
|Operating system||Compatible with all major operating systems including DOS; OS/2; UNIX; MS Windows 9x, NT, 2000, XP;NetWare and RS6000|
|Keyboard||Supports PS/2 style keyboards with 6-pin mini-DIN connectors|
|Mouse||Supports a wide range of PS/2 style 2 button, 3 button, wheel, IntelliMouse (3 button with wheel), IntelliMouse Explorer (5 button with wheel) and other mice that support the Microsoft mouse signalling protocols|
|RS232||'Transparent' serial port operation ensures wide device compatibility without the need to configure baud rates or protocols on the AdderLink to match your equipment|
|Approvals||FCC class A, CE marked|