The Avocent Autoview AV3100-001 switch is a 16-port KVM system providing server access for one remote digital user and one local analog user. The AV3100-001 Digital KVM Switch includes local USB peripheral support and provides convenient access to PS/2, Sun, and USB servers and serial-based devices. The Avocent AutoView AV3100-001 on-board Web interface means that no additional software is required for remote server access.
Avocent AutoView 3100 Diagram
AV3100-001 Features and Benefits:
- Access--16-port KVM switch provides flexible remote server access with one remote digital path and one local analog user.
- On-board Web interface--The user's PC requires no additional software for remote server access.
- Multi-platform support--Local PS/2 and USB connections and multi-platform target devices, including PS/2, USB, Sun and serial support
- Integrated access cabling or AVRIQ support--Lowers overall cost with CAT 5-designed integrated access cables for PS/2 or USB connectivity
- Encrypted IP communication--Switch supports SSL-128bit, DES, 3DES or AES encrypted communication
- Powerful user access control--64 user accounts with access control lists for each user classified by:
- User - KVM access only
- User Administrator - KVM access, and ability to configure users and user admin.
- Appliance Administrator - KVM, ability to configure user, user admins, and appliance administration and configuration
Avocent AutoView 3100 Technical Specifications:
|Height||1.72 in. (4.37 cm)|
|Width||17.00 in. (43.18 cm)|
|Depth||10.98 in. (27.98 cm)|
|Weight||7.3 lbs (3.31 kg)|
|Operating Temperature||32 to 104 F (0 to 40 C)|
|Storage Temperature||-4 to 158 F (-20 to 70 C)|
|Operating Voltage||100 - 240 VAC|
|Power Frequency||50/60 HZ autosensing|
|Input||40 W maximum|
|Computers||PS/2, Sun, USB|
|Monitor||VGA, SVGA (XGA, XGA-II with adaptor), Maximum Local Port: 1600 x 1200; Maximum Remote Port using a DSRIQ module: 1280 x 1024 @ 75 Hz|
|Peripherals||USB keyboard and mouse, PS/2 keyboard, PS/2 mouse, IntelliMouse|
|Approved Agency||UL, FCC, cUL, ICES-003, CE, GS, VCCI, MIC, C-Tick, GOST|
Answer: Thank you for your inquiry. AutoView switches can be cascaded together, where one unit works as the master to access and control the attached switches. Some models have a dedicated port, while other models simply use an IQ module.
You can read more on the cascading feature and setup in the AV3016 manual posted here: Avocent AV3016 Manual