Avocent AV3216 - 16 Port, 2 User KVM Over IP Switch w/ Virtual Media and CAC support
The Avocent AV3216 AutoView KVM switch supports up to 2 local users and 1 remote user, and up to 16 computers/servers or serial devices. AutoView AV3216 switch provides four USB 2.0 ports for USB enabled devices. When additional systems are added, AutoView switches can be tiered to provide consolidated management of up to 256 server or serial devices.
- Local or Remote Access - The AV3216 KVM over IP switch portfolio provides integrated local or remote KVM over IP management capability
- Virtual USB Media Support - Share a directly connected USB storage device to all servers connected to a KVM switch (a DSAVIQ-USB2 module is required for virtual media support)
- Common Access Card (CAC)/Smart Card Support - Enhances security to meet US government regulation HSPD12 which is required for ensuring secure login to government systems (an AVRIQ-VMC module is required for CAC support)
- Single Solution - Manage PS/2, USB, Sun or serial devices from a single solution. Silmontaneous support for VGA, DVI, HDMI & DisplayPort video inputs. When additional systems are added, AutoView switches can be tiered to provide consolidated management of up to 256 server or serial devices.
- High Density CATx KVM - Thin CAT-5 cabling saves space in the rack and allows up to a 100ft (30 meter) distance between the server and the switch.
- OS Independent - BIOS-level access ensures connection to the attached servers regardless of the health or type of operating system
- Easy to Use - Configure your system name and select your servers from the convenient OSD
- Rack Mountable
- 2 Year Warranty - 1 to 4 year Extended Warranties available
AV3216 - Flexible and Scalable
The AV3216 switch supports two local and one remote ip user and up to 16 server or serial devices. When in share mode, additional, authenticated users can share remote sessions for a total of up to 4 remote, concurrent users. Each AutoView switch supports VGA, Display Port, DVI and HDMI video targets and four USB 2.0 ports for USB enabled devices. When additional systems are added, AutoView switches can be tiered to provide consolidated management of up to 256 server or serial devices.
AV3216 - Security
Unplanned interruptions in service can have damaging effects on business no matter the scope or size of the data center. Whether the data center is in a closet, next to a desk or across the globe in a remote office, IT professionals need tools that provide consolidated, streamlined access to server resources. The Avocent AV3000 series of KVM over IP switching solutions provides streamlined management and control of server resources all from a single console.
Avocent AV3216 Specifications
|Form Factor||1U Rack Mount|
|Dimensions||Height: 1.72 inches (4.37cm) (1U)|
Width: 17 inches (43.2 cm)
Depth: 6.5 inches (16.5 cm)
|Weight||4.4 lbs. (2.0 kg)|
|Device Connectors||• 16 ports for servers or serial devices|
• 4 USB 2.0 ports
|Remote Access||1 remote KVM over IP user|
10/100 Mbps Ethernet port
|Local Access||2 local ports|
1 ACI port for tiering to another AutoView switch
|Virtual USB Media/CAC Support||Virtual Media support over USB|
Common Access Card (CAC) capability for smart cards
128-bit SSL, AES, DES and 3DES encryption
|Features Include||Agentless control and access for 1 remote user|
Single-stack IPv4 or IPv6 access
Flash-upgradeable firmware AV KVM Switch and AVRIQ
|Video Support||Local VGA connection. Supports VGA, DisplayPort, HDMI, or DVI targets|
16:9 widescreen, up to 1680 x 1050
4:3 standard, up to 1600 x 1200
|Management Software||OSCAR™ On-Screen Display for local access|
Web User Interface
Compatible with Avocent DSViewTM management software
|Power Supply||Connector: IEC C14|
Heat dissipation: 47 BTU/hr
AC input range: 100 - 240 VAC
AC frequency: 50/60 Hz auto-sensing
AC input current rating: 5 A
AC input power (maximum): 20W
|Environmental||Operating: 32 to 122 degrees Fahrenheit (0 to 50 degrees Celsius)|
Non-operating: -4 to 158 degrees Fahrenheit (-20 to 70 degrees Celsius)
Airflow is from non-port side (Front) to port side (Back)
|Supported Server Interface Adapters||Multi-platform support: PS/2 and USB. Also support for Avocent PS/2, PS2M, USB, Sun, USB2, VMC modules; Dell PS/2, USB, USB2-VM, USB2-VM+CAC SIPs|
|Agency Approvals||UL, FCC Class A, cUL, ICES Class A, CE, EAC, VCCI Class A, KCC Class A, C-Tick, BSMI|
Answer: Thank you for your inquiry,
The Avocent AV3216 supports a maximum resolution of 1600 x 1200 or 1680 x 1050 (widescreen) @ 60 Hz (depending on the length of cable separating your switch and devices), locally or remotely. See below for more information about the video scaling for the AV3216 web interfaces. If you would like 1920x1080 HD resolution support at the remote IP interface, you may want to consider one of the following switching solutions instead:
Here is some information regarding the Web Interfaces for controlling video settings:
the AutoView 3108/3216 ships with a few solutions to manage your switch system: You may use the terminal software (local serial), OSCAR interface (local On-Screen-Display), or the OBWI (On-Board-Web-Interface - IP) . The OBWI manages a single switch and its connections over IP; You can also perform remote IP KVM and serial switching tasks using the OBWI or DSView management software.
NOTE, while the features and settings are different when using DSView 4.5, the following generally applies.
When the AutoView 3108/3216 switch OBWI is used for the first time, any open Video Viewer windows display at a resolution of 1024 x 768 until the user changes the value. Each Video Viewer window can be set to a different resolution.
The AutoView 3108/3216 switch OBWI automatically adjusts the display if the window size changes during a session as long as autoscaling is enabled. If the target device resolution changes any time during a session, the display adjusts automatically.
When Full Screen mode is enabled, the image adjusts to fit the desktop size. If the desktop has a higher resolution, the following occurs:
- The full-screen image is centered in the desktop, and the areas surrounding the Video
Viewer window are black.
- The menu and toolbar are locked so that they are visible at all times.
To Enable automatic, full or manual scaling of the session image:
- With full scaling, the desktop window remains fixed and the device image scales to fit
- With automatic scaling, the desktop window is sized to match the resolution of the server
- With manual scaling, a drop-down menu of supported image scaling resolutions
Vendor-specific video settings: Video settings vary significantly among manufacturers. Avocent maintains an online database of optimized video settings for various video cards, particularly Sun-specific ones. This information can be obtained from Avocent's online knowledge base.
For more information regarding the OBWI and DSVIEW4 management, please refer to the AV3216 Manual (page 29 for operation) & The DSVIEW 4.5 Manual.
For recommendations / help choosing the ideal solution for your application, please feel free to contact your KVM Switches Online sales representative directly.
Question: We bought an Avocent 3216 on 9/1/2017. What is the warranty on this item?
Answer: Thank you for your inquiry,
The Avocent Cybex AV3216 includes a '2 Year Full Coverage Factory Warranty'. The warranty can also be expanded by up to 4-years; For extended warranties, see the AV3216 'Accessories' section.
Question: do i still need individual network connections for each PC attached to the device or does it act as a router / hub as well?
Answer: Thank you for your inquiry,
If you would like the source devices to be able access the internet, they would still need each source to be connected to a network. The network connection on the Avocent AV3216 would simply facilitate the ability to transmit the video and control the sources with keyboard and mouse remotely.
Question: Will the Avocent AVRIQ-VMC-G01, USB/VGA dongle from our current unit work with this new unit
Answer: Thank you for your inquiry. According to the manufacturer, yes, the AVRIQ-VMC-G01 should work with the AutoView 3216.