Rose Electronics 32ft (10m) 8K DisplayPort 1.4 Active Optical Cable
For upgrade or replacement options: Contact Us
Rose CrystalView DP Active Optical Cable (CRK-AHCD14-AMAM010) extends your DisplayPort 1.4 video display at 8K60 with 16-bit HDR up to 32 feet (10m) away from your computer. The cable embeds all of the optics and electronics into the cable head to provide a sleek and streamlined installation. No external power supply is needed because all of the power is supplied by the DisplayPort interface.
The cable is a hybrid style with both glass fiber and copper. The high speed video signals with embedded audio are transmitted in fiber with support for DSC (display stream compression). All audio formats are supported including up to 32 audio streams at 1536Khz sampling rate. The DDC, AUX, and hot-plug detect signals are passed through untouched in copper and therefore no setup or any special requirements are needed. The cable is HDCP compliant to all versions.
It has a low smoke zero-halogen jacket which permits it to be used in plenums, walls, and ceilings. Running in conduit is not required. It is installed and connects just like a copper cable, except it must be installed in the correct direction. It's 4mm jacket size is small and has a low bend radius of less than an inch (20mm). It is rugged with a crush resistance of 400N short term and 200N long term.
CRK-AHCD14-AMAM010: formerly part number CLK-AHCD14-AMAM010.
Rose CrystalView DP Active Optical Cable Features
- Cable with integrated optics to extend DisplayPort 1.4 up to 32 feet (10m)
- Direct point-to-point active optical cable plugs directly into your equipment
- Available in lengths of 32.8', 65.6', 98.4', and 164.0' (10m, 20m, 30m, and 50m)
- Supports resolution of 7680x4320 @60Hz
- Supports 16-bit HDR at 8K60 4:2:2
- Bandwidth of 32.4 GBps
- Plug-and-play no configuration required, plugs in just like a copper cable
- Draws its power from the DisplayPort interface, no external power needed
- Low smoke zero halogen jacket can be run through plenum or floor-to-floor
- Optimum transmission uses glass fiber for high speed signals(video) and copper for low speed signals (AUX, DDC, HPD)
- Use two cables in parallel to support Dell Ultra Sharp UP3218K 8K monitor
- Supports multi-stream transport
- Extremely low EMI or RFI radiation
- Very low bend radius of less than an inch (20mm)
Answer: No problem at all, we are happy to help!
DisplayPort 1.4 cables are fully backwards compatible with DisplayPort 1.2. Also according to the manufacturer, they do not have the 'Pin 20' problem because Pin 20 is not used for device or sink power in their CrystalView DP Active Optical Cables.
Please let us know if there is anything else we can ever help you with!