There is no better way to save time and money than with a Aten MasterView Plus CS-114A installation. By allowing a single console to manage all of the attached PCs, the Aten MasterView Plus CS-114A eliminates the expense of purchasing a separate keyboard, monitor, and mouse for each system. Additionally, it saves all the extra space they would take up, and eliminates the inconvenience and wasted effort involved in constantly having to move from one PC to the other.
- Cascadable to three levels - Controls up to 64 PCs from a single console
- Master and slave units are now auto detected when daisy chaining - there is no longer any need to set switches
- No Software Required - PC Selection via Front Panel Pushbuttons, Hot Keys
- The connector layout has been redesigned. The video connector positions have been moved so that they are now underneath the keyboard and mouse connectors. This makes for more convenient cable connecting
- K/M reset: holding in the Port1 and Port2 selection switches for three seconds resets the keyboard and mouse
- Auto Scan function: pressing the Port3 and Port4 selection switches at the same time initiates Auto Scan mode
- Microsoft Intellimouse, Logitech FirstMouse+, MouseMan+ and other wheel mice support
- PS/2 and Serial Mouse Emulation provided for system bootup
- Mouse Conversion's PS/2 mouse controls all connected PCs - Even those with serial mice connectors
- Hot Pluggable - Add PCs or Remove Connected PCs for maintenance without powering down the KVM switch
- Superior Video Quality - Up to 1920 x 1440
- Easy PC Selection via Front Panel Pushbuttons or Hot Keys
- Keyboard Status (Caps Lock, Num Lock, Scroll Lock) restored when switching PCs
- LED Display for easy status monitoring
- Uses standard cables
Answer: It should work, but converting signals can get tricky when dealing with keyboard and mouse emulation. For that reason, we cannot guarantee success or even optimum performance.
Question: i have the Aten KVM Switch model CS-114A. What is its replacement switch and does it come with USB ports instead of using the PS2 converters for the USB mouse and keyboard?
Answer: Thank you for your inquiry. Unfortunately, there is no direct replacement for the CS-114A. However, there are a number of 4-port KVM switches on the market that should offer similar functionality. A listing of some of the more popular 4-port desktop KVMs can be found here: https://www.kvm-switches-online.com/4-port-desktop-kvm.html.
One specific switch to look at is the Aten CS84U (https://www.kvm-switches-online.com/cs84u.html) which supports both USB and PS/2 systems and VGA video.
For DVI video, you may be interested in taking a look at the CS1764A.
If you would like additional help selecting a replacement KVM, please give us a call at 1-877-586-6654 or via our online chat feature to discuss your project in greater detail.