The ATEN CS84U PS/2-USB KVM Switch is a desktop control unit that allows users to access four computers from a single KVM console (PS/2 or USB keyboard and mouse, and VGA monitor). In addition, the CS84U KVM comes with ATEN's new Video DynaSync technology, which eliminates boot-up display problems and optimizes resolution.
Setup for the ATEN CS84U is fast and easy; simply plug cables into their appropriate ports. There is no software to configure, no installation routines, and no incompatibility problems. Since the ATEN CS84U KVM Switch intercepts keyboard input directly, it will work on multiple computing platforms.
ATEN CS84U KVM Features:
- One PS/2-USB VGA console controls four VGA interface computers.
- Dual Interface - supports computers with PS/2 or USB keyboards and mice
- Computer selection via front panel pushbuttons, hotkeys, and mouse
- Multiplatform support - Windows, Linux, Mac, and Sun
- Superior video quality - 2048 x 1536; DDC2B
- Video DynaSync - Exclusive ATEN technology eliminates bootup display problems and optimizes resolution when switching between ports
- Console mouse port emulation/bypass feature supports most mouse drivers and multifunction mice
- Complete keyboard emulation for error-free booting
- Mac/Sun keyboard support and emulation*
- Multilingual keyboard mapping - supports English, Japanese, and French keyboards
- Gaming keyboard support
- Auto Scan Mode for monitoring all computers
- Firmware upgradable
1. PC keyboard combinations emulate Mac/Sun keyboards
2. Mac/Sun keyboard work only with their own computers
ATEN 4-port PS/2-USB KVM Switch
(ATEN CS84U depicted here)
Aten CS84U Requirements:
- A VGA compatible monitor
- USB or PS/2 keyboard and mouse
- A VGA port
- Type A USB ports or 6-pin Mini-DIN (PS/2) ports
Aten CS84U Package Content:
- 1 CS-84U 4-port PS/2-USB KVM Switch
- 4 Custom KVM Cable sets
- 1 User Manual
Aten CS84U Specifications:
|Height||2.17 in. (5.5 cm.)|
|Width||3.43 in. (8.7 cm.)|
|Depth||8.27 in. (21.0 cm.)|
|Weight||1.70 lbs. (0.77 kg.)|
|Operating Temperature||32-122 F (0-50 C)|
-4-140 F (-20-60 C)
0-80% RH, Non-condensing
|On Line||4 (Orange)|
|Port Selection||Front Panel Pushbuttons,|
Hotkey, USB Mouse
|Video||2048 x 1536 @ 60 Hz; DDC2B|
|Power Consumption||DC 5V, 1.2W|
|Scan Interval||5 seconds default (3, 5, 10, 20 secs.)|
|Keyboard, Mouse & Monitor||2 x USB Type A|
2 x 6-pin Mini-DIN (PS/2)
1 x HDB-15
|KVM Ports||4 x SPHD-18|
|Power||1 x DC Jack|
|USB 2.0 Hub||2 x USB Type A|
Answer: Thank you for your inquiry. we believe the cables are PS/2-USB combo cables, so should work for either type of connection.
Question: What is non-powered, do we not need to use dc jack?
Answer: Thank you for your inquiry. Yes that is correct, this device does not require a DC power jack as ling as the USB bus provides enough power for the switch.
There is an optional jack for an optional DC power supply (sold separately)
Question: can it monitor 4 computer in same screen ?
Answer: Thank you for your inquiry. Unfortunately, no this KVM switch will not allow for all four connected systems to be displayed on one screen.
To view several systems on one screen, you may be interested in checking out our Multiviewer selection here: https://www.kvm-switches-online.com/multiviewer.html