The Aten CS1732B is a two port KVMP switch combined with a two-port USB 2.0 hub. The Aten CS1732 KVM allows users to switch control between two computers using a single keyboard, monitor, and mouse. This versatile KVM will allow the use of PS/2 or USB keyboards and mice via the included conversion cable, and with the proper cable, will connect to PS/2 or USB computers
Installation is as easy as connecting the included cables to you computers and your mouse, monitor, and keyboard to the KVM, there is no software to install. Switching computers is accomplished by pressing a button on the unit, Hotkeys entered directly form your keyboard, or by On Screen Display (OSD). The OSD also provides a means to change the default setting of the KVM in case of program conflict, or simply for ease of use. Hotkeys and the OSD also provide for the independent switching of the KVM focus, audio, and peripheral ports. An auto scan function provides hands free monitoring capabilities at selectable intervals.
Recognizing the importance of sound, the Aten CS1732 supports sharing a 2.1 computer speaker systems and a microphone between your computers ( listen to music from one computer while working on the other).
Since the Aten CS1732 intercepts key strokes directly from the keyboard it works with virtually all USB and PS/2 operating systems (Mac and Sun must be connected via USB). The unit also provides PC keyboard emulation for the special function MAC and Sun keys.
To ensure longevity and trouble free operation the unit is firmware is up-gradable and it comes with an unprecedented 7 year limited warranty.
The Aten CS1732B Features:
- 2-port KVMP switch with USB 2.0 support and 2.1 surround sound audio
- One console controls 2 computers and two additional USB devices
- 2-port USB 2.0 compliant hub built in - Dual interface supports computers with PS/2 or USB keyboard and mouse configurations
- Audio-enabled full bass response provides a rich experience for 2.1 surround sounds systems
- Console audio ports on front panel - ideal for IP phone use
- Supports both USB and PS/2 keyboards and mice for flexible configurations available with the included USB to PS/2
- Independent switching of KVM, USB, and Audio.
- Maximum video resolution - 2048 x 1536; DDC2B.
- Supports widescreen Monitors
- Computer selection via front panel pushbuttons, OSD (On Screen Display), or Hotkeys
- Multiplatform support - Windows 2000/XP/Vista, Linux, Mac, and Sun
- Console mouse port emulation bypass feature supports programmable mice
- VideoDynaSync - reads and remembers the monitor's display parameters to maintain optimum display settings when switching between computers
- Complete keyboard emulation for error free booting - Sun/Mac keyboard support and emulation*
- Auto Scan Mode for sequentially monitoring attached computers
- LED display for easy status monitoring
- Easy installation,no software required
* 1. PC keyboard combinations emulate Sun/Mac keyboards
CS1732 Hot Key Sequence
|Port Selection||Invoke OSD|
|Default: [Num Lock] + [-]||Default: [Num Lock] + [-] + [ ↑ ]or[→]or[ ↓ ]or[←]|
Right/Left Arrows: Prev and Next Port
Up/Down Arrow: Last/First Port/
|Default: [Scroll Lock] [Scroll Lock]|
|Alternate: [Ctrl] + [F12]||Alternate: [Ctrl] + [F12] [Port #] [Enter]||Alternate: [Ctrl] [Ctrl] [Enter]|
Aten CS1732B Diagram
The Aten CS1732B Requirments:
- Monitor with VGA capabilities
- USB or PS/2 keyboard and mouse
- 2.0 or 2.1 powered speakers
- VGA capable video out
- PS/2 keyboard and mouse connections or
- Two available USB ports one for Peripherals - one for keyboard and mouse
- Sound capabilities
The Aten CS1732B Package Content:
- 1 CS1732B KVMP Switch
- 2 custom USB KVM Cables
- 1 USB-to-PS/2 keyboard and mouse converter
- 1 firmware upgrade cable
- 1 power adapter
- 1 user manual
The Aten CS1732B Specifications:
7 in. (17.78 cm.)
|6.875 in.(17.46 cm.)|
|Width||2.25 in. (5.72 cm.)||2.375 in. (6.03 cm.)|
|Depth||9.5 in. (24.13 in.)||9.375 in. (23.81 cm.)|
|Weight||1 lb. (.45 kg.)||3.6 lbs. (1.63 kg.)|
|Operating Temperature||39-104 F (4-40 C)|
-4-140 F (-20-60 C)
|Operating Voltage||DC 5V|
|On Line||2 (Green)|
|USB Perepherals||2 (Orange)|
|Port Selection||Push button, Hot Keys|
|Power Consumption||Bus powered, power adapter for additional power|
|Video Resolution||2048x1536 (Max.); DDC/ DDC2B/ DDC2AB|
|Scan Interval||5 sec.|
|Emulation||Keyboard & Mouse USB Plug-n-Play|
|Keyboard, Mouse & Monitor||2 x SPDB15 (VGA / SVGA)|
|Audio||2 x stereo speaker; 2 x microphone|
|Peripherals||2 x USB 2.0|
PS/2 cables sold separately / USB sharing not available with PS/2 cables
Answer: Thank you for your inquiry. You will need to access the OSD (on screen display) menu to disable the beep. To activate the OSD, tap the scroll Lock [ScrLk] key twice. Once the OSD is enabled, you will need to select the 'F4:Set' sub-menu. Once in the settings sub-menu, highlight 'ACTIVATE BEEPER' using the up and down arrow keys and then press enter to change the settings.
Question: Will this product work with windows 8.1 and WHS 2011?
Answer: Thank you for your inquiry. According to Aten this product is compatible with Windows 8.1. There is no indication of WHS 2011 compatibility.