The CS724KM is a 4-Port USB KM Switch that enables users to control up to 4 computers with a single keyboard and mouse. Two switches can be daisy-chained to enable control of up to 8 computers from a single console.
The CS724KM features various innovative port selection methods. Users can switch between the connected computers via front panel pushbutton, keyboard hotkey, mouse cursor, mouse wheel, and RS-232 commands. The mouse cursor method adopts ATEN's exclusive Boundless Switching technology, which enables users to switch between multiple computers in multi-monitor extended desktops by simply moving the mouse cursor across any of the display borders in any direction to instantly select the target computer and take full control.
Further advanced features of the CS724KM include bus-power mode which means no external power adapter is required, as well as independent switching of the keyboard/mouse, USB peripheral, and audio focus via hotkeys. With a rich feature set, the CS724KM is designed to simplify administrative tasks, save space, and increase work productivity in multi-monitor extended desktop environments, and is especially suitable for complex multitasking applications in control rooms in any industry.
Aten CS724KM Features
- Single USB keyboard and mouse control up to 4 computers
- Daisy-chain two CS724KM units to control up to 8 computers with a single keyboard and mouse
- Boundless Switching - simply move the mouse cursor across the display border and onto the corresponding display of the target computer to switch the keyboard/mouse operations from one computer to the next.
- Boundless Switching Configuration Utility* - an intuitive GUI tool that enables users to customize monitor layouts
- Port selection via front panel pushbutton, keyboard hotkey, mouse cursor, mouse wheel**, and RS-232 commands
- Independently switch keyboard/ mouse, USB peripheral, and audio focus via hotkeys
- Supports RS-232 serial commands
- Supports Windows operating systems
- No software required
- Bus-powered - no external power adapter required***
* The utility is installed on a separate computer.
** Mouse port switching is only supported under mouse emulation mode with a USB 3-button mouse wheel.
*** The USB bus-powered design allows the switch to get power from the connected computers. It requires connection to at least two computers to get sufficient power supply.
Aten CS724KM Highlights
ATEN Boundless Switching - Intuitive Mouse Switching
The CS724KM's Boundless Switching function supports extended desktops with up to four monitors, and up to eight monitors when two switches are daisy-chained, expediting the process of switching between computers for a smooth and hassle-free user experience. In addition to making multitasking across multiple displays more efficient, this function is especially useful in emergencies that necessitate the immediate monitoring and management of computers.
The CS724KM also provides an intuitive GUI-based configuration utility that allows users to customize their mouse cursor movement paths according to the specific monitor layout at the desktop or workstation. The configuration tool is easy to set up and compatible with Windows operating systems.
Matrix or Multi-view
ATEN offers a wide product range for every imaginable boundless switching scenario, no matter whether it's switching across windows or switching across displays.
Aten CS724KM Package Contents
- (1) CS724KM 4-port USB Boundless KM Switch
- (4) 1.8m/6ft USB Cables USB-A to USB-B 2.0
- (4) 1.8m/6ft Audio Cables
- (1) User Instructions
- (1) Standard Warranty