The Dominion KX2-108 is a KVM over IP switch with 8 KVM ports, 1 remote user ports and 1 local user port for connection at a server rack. The Raritan Dominion KX II family of KVM switches are enterprise, secure KVM-over-IP switches which provide remote BIOS-level control. Raritan's Universal Virtual Media (standard on all models) lets administrators perform tasks such as installing software, transferring files and backing up data. These IP switches also feature Raritan's Virtual KVM Desktop. This feature allows users to scale a target server's display to any size, from thumbnails to full screen video.
The Dominion KX II consists of the KVM over IP switch and Computer Interface Modules (CIMs). Each CIM connects to the server's KVM ports and converts video signals for transmission of up to 150 feet over UTP (Cat5/5e/6) cabling.
Note: The D2CIM-VUSB CIM is required for Virtual Media.
Raritan Dominion KX II Features:
- Offers capabilities for remote access, plus simultaneous local access for controlling servers at the rack
- Digital video support (DVI-D, HDMI, DisplayPort) for a wide range of dual video cards, PC's, workstations, and servers
- CIM options that support simultaneous analog and digital video technologies, eliminates the need for expensive and unreliable adapters
- Remote users easily access Dominion KX II from Windows, Linux, Sun, or Mac desktops via a wide range of Web browsers or standalone client via modem
- Provides entire feature set out of the box: Virtual Media, AES encryption, dual power supplies and dual gigibit Ethernet ports with failover, SNMP, Syslog, as well as integration with LDAP, Radius and Active Directory Authentication
- Easy installation - plug-and-play appliance
- Hot-swap functionality allows users to add, relocate and swap components without disruption
- Platform independent - CIMs available for PS/2, USB, USB with Virtual Media, Sun and Sun USB
- External modem for emergency
- Flash firmware upgradeable
Raritan Dominion DKX2-108 Specifications:
|Height||1.75 in. (44 mm.)|
|Width||17.3 in. (439 mm.)|
|Depth||11.4 in. (290 mm.)|
|Weight||8.58 lbs. (3.9 kg.)|
|Form Factor||1U, rackmount brackets included|
|Operating Temperature||32° to 104°F (0° to 40°C)|
|Humidity||20% - 85% RH|
|Supply||Dual power 100V/240V, 50/60Hz, 0.6A|
|Network||Dual Failover 10/100/1000 gigbit Ethernet (RJ45)|
|Modem port||DB9(F) DTE|
|Protocols||TCP/IP, HTTP, HTTPS, UDP, RADIUS, SNTP, DHCP, PAP, CHAP|
|Local Access Port|
|Keyboard/Mouse||Mini-DIN6(F) PS/2 and USB (F), 1 USB front, 3 USB rear|
|Sample Video Resolutions|
|PC Text Mode||640x350, 640x480, 720x400|
|PC Graphic Mode||640x480, 800x600, 1024x768, 1152x864, 1280x1024, 1440x900, 1680x1050, 1600x1200, 1920x1080|
|Sun Video Mode||1024x768, 1152x864, 1152x900, 1280x1024|
Answer: Yes, the Dominion KX2 series has Absolute Mouse Synchronization. Via the Raritan website: "For Windows and Mac servers with a compatible USB mouse port, there is no need to adjust the mouse settings on the target server. This reduces installation time and enhances the Dominion KX II's plug-and-play nature. In addition, the remote and target server mouse pointers never go out of synchronization. This feature is enabled by the D2CIM-VUSB and D2CIM-DVUSB virtual media CIMs."
Question: Is there a modal that has DC power supplies... this will be installed in a mobile server environment and all equipment is DC powered.
Answer: Unfortunately, there is no DC power option available. Some of the Avocent IP solutions have dual AC power options, but none have a DC option.
Question: Does the base kit come with interface cables or are they additional.
Answer: Thank you for your inquiry. To provide you with the most flexibility in configuration, the Raritan CIMs for this unit are purchased separately as needed.
Question: what is the ECCN for this?
Answer: Thank you for your inquiry. The ECCN is 5A992.