The Raritan Dominion DKX2-832 is a 32 Port KVM Over IP Switch which provides eight remote users and two local user BIOS-level access and control of up to 32 servers. In addition to the standard local port, Dominion KX II-832 features a new extended local port that extends the local port, via Cat5 cable, beyond the rack to a control room, another point in the data center or to a Paragon II switch. Dominion KX II-832 works standalone or with our CommandCenter Secure Gateway centralized management appliance.
The KX II-832 offers the industry's highest video resolution - 1600 x 1200. Allows remote installation of software, file transferring and data back up with Universal Virtual Media. And 128-bit SSL AES or RC4 encryption. Offers Absolute Mouse Synchronization and controls power to servers with optional remote power unit. Comes standard with dual power and dual gigabit Ethernet with automatic failover. The Dominion KX II provides dual stack IP networking with simultaneous support of IPv4 and IPv6. Features Virtual KVM Desktop, a common browser-based user interface that supports the industry's widest range of operating systems and browsers. Plus, it includes the industry's first and only browser-based local access.
The Dominion KX II solution consists of the KVM-over-IP switch and Computer Interface Modules (CIMs).
Note: The D2CIM-VUSB CIM is required for Virtual Media.
- CIMs connect to the server's KVM ports and can be located up to 150 feet away from the switch using UTP (Cat5/5e/6) cabling. CIMs also provide keep-alive keyboard/mouse emulation.
- Digital video support (DVI-D, HDMI, DisplayPort) for a wide range of dual video cards, PC's, workstations, and servers
- CIM options that support simultaneous analog and digital video technologies, eliminates the need for expensive and unreliable adapters
- Access from Windows, Linux, Sun or Mac desktops via a wide range of Web browsers or standalone client.
- Raritan's remote client software is automatically downloaded via Web browser; standalone multi-platform client available for emergency modem access.
- Provides its entire feature set out of the box: Virtual Media, 128- or 256-
- bit AES or RC4 encryption, dual power supplies and dual gigabit Ethernet ports with failover, SNMP, Syslog, as well as integration with LDAP, Radius and Active Directory authentication. Support of IBM, HP, & Dell blade servers.
Raritan Dominion KX II KVM Over IP Application Diagram
Raritan DKX2-832 Features:
- Next generation hardware architecture - Dominion KX II is a next generation switch with an advanced hardware and software architecture. The design enables new levels of KVM-over-IP performance, reliability, usability, compatibility and security.
- High performance video hardware - Dominion KX II's KVM-over-IP engine uses Raritan's next generation technology, providing users with virtual at-the-rack performance. Next generation features include ultra-fast screen refresh, 1600x1200 remote resolution, advanced color calibration and per server video optimization.
- Dual power supplies with failover - For increased reliability and redundancy, all Dominion KX II models have dual AC inputs, dual power supplies and automatic failover to support the redundant power distribution used in enterprise data centers. If a power supply fails, the customer will be notified via front panel LED, SNMP TRAP, log message or via the administrative manager.
- Four USB ports for keyboard, mouse and USB media - The Dominion KX II has four USB 2.0 ports, three on the back panel and one on the front panel, for local keyboard, mouse and USB media.
- Dual gigabit Ethernet ports with failover - Dominion KX II provides high availability with dual gigabit Ethernet ports for redundancy. Should one Ethernet switch or interface card fail, Dominion KX II will automatically failover to the other port and continue operating.
- 1U form factor - Dominion KX II models are only 1U in height. Dominion KX II is extremely rack-efficient.
- Cat5 cabling - Dominion KX II interconnects with each server via standard, economical Cat5 (UTP) cabling. Servers may be located up to 150 cable feet from the Dominion KX II unit.
- Multiplatform Computer Interface Modules (CIMs) - Dominion KX II supports multiplatform CIMs to connect to PS/2, USB and Sun servers. Dominion CIMs operate at distances of up to 150 feet from the Dominion KX II switch depending on server resolution.
- Configurable hardware reset button - Dominion KX II contains an administrator-configurable hardware reset button on the back panel.
- Modem port for emergency access - All Dominion KX II models have an integrated modem port for emergency remote access via external modem if the data network is not available.
- Eight concurrent remote IP users - This Dominion KX II model provides KVM-over-IP access to eight simultaneous, remote users.
- Remote network access/ KVM over IP - Dominion KX II extends the Dominion KX's video compression circuitry. Users can access Dominion KX II from anywhere on the network (LAN, WAN, Internet, dial-up), allowing administrators to troubleshoot, reconfigure, reboot and even power cycle servers remotely.
- Browser‑based local console port - The Dominion KX II features the industry's first browser-based local access. With a common, browser-based interface and full management functionality at the local port, the Dominion KX II provides a consistent user experience that is easy to learn. In addition, convenient hot-key switching between servers is now supported.
- Extended local port - The KX II eight user models contain a standard local port, plus a new, extended local port that extends the local port, via Cat5 cable, beyond the rack to a control room, another point in the data center or to a Paragon II switch.
- Blade server access and control - Supports popular blade server models from the leading blade server manufacturers: HP, IBM and Dell. The Dominion KX II provides simple, automated and secure KVM-over-IP access at-the-rack, remotely over IP, via CommandCenter and by modem. Blade servers are displayed by chassis, with simple one-click access. Advanced security via per _blade access permissions and hotkey-blocking eliminates unauthorized access. The Dominion KX II's blade features are available to SMB customers with no management system required. For enterprise customers, seamless blade server integration with CommandCenter Secure Gateway provides centralized policy and security management for diverse data center environments.
- Integrated, remote power control - up to eight power strips per Dominion KX II - Users can power up, power down or power cycle servers connected to optional Raritan remote power control units. A system administrator can not only troubleshoot a server remotely, but also power cycle that server with a click of the mouse. This user-friendly, remote power control is available for up to eight power strips per Dominion KX II unit. Strip-level power statistics are now displayed to the user. Users can also power on/off outlets not associated with a server.
- Dual stack IP networking - The Dominion KX II provides dual stack IP networking with simultaneous support of IPv4 and IPv6.
Universal Virtual Media
- All Dominion KX II models have virtual media - The benefits of virtual media: mounting of remote drives/media on the target server to support software installation, remote booting and diagnostics - are now available in all the Dominion KX II models.
- Centralized management appliance support - Customers can access virtual media through Raritan's CommandCenter Secure Gateway. But, unlike other solutions, virtual media is available standalone for customers not using a central management system.
- Wide variety of supported virtual media drives and devices - Each Dominion KX II comes equipped with virtual media to enable remote management tasks using the widest variety of CD, DVD, USB, internal and remote drives and images. Unlike other solutions, the Dominion KX II supports virtual media access of hard drives and remotely mounted disks for added flexibility and productivity.
- Secure virtual media with 128/256-bit encryption - Virtual media sessions are secured using 128- or 256-bit AES. Also available is 128-bit RC4 encryption.
- New USB CIM with virtual media, Absolute Mouse Synchronization™ and firmware update - The D2CIM-VUSB CIM supports virtual media sessions to target servers supporting the USB 2.0 interface. Available in economical 32 and 64 quantity CIM packages, this new CIM supports Absolute Mouse Synchronization as well as remote firmware update.
- New dual-USB virtual media CIM and USB profiles - The new dual-USB virtual media CIM (D2CIM-DVUSB) and USB profile feature enable expanded BIOS use of virtual media drives.
Client Access and Control
- Universal KVM client access - The Dominion KX II provides KVM access through the industry's broadest and most flexible range of operating systems, platforms and browsers, with no additional client license fees or cumbersome software licensing.
- Next generation common user interface - The Dominion KX II has a next generation, browser-based user interface for enhanced usability and productivity. This interface is common across the local port, remote access, management software as well as other Raritan products. This reduces training time and increases productivity.
- Web accessible client - Users can access Dominion KX II via a Web browser for anytime, anywhere access. Raritan's client software is automatically downloaded; this eliminates the need to install "client" software on each user desktop.
- Multiplatform client access to Dominion KX I and Dominion KX II - Existing customers of the Dominion KX can use the multiplatform client to simultaneously access their existing Dominion KX switches as well as newly-purchased Dominion KX II switches.
- Multiplatform access and control for Windows, Linux, Sun/Solaris and Macintosh - Raritan's Java-based clients provide multiplatform access and control on Windows, Linux, Sun/Solaris and Macintosh desktops.
- Absolute Mouse Synchronization - The Absolute Mouse Synchronization feature is the ultimate mouse synchronization solution. For Windows and Mac servers with a compatible USB mouse port, there is no need to adjust the mouse settings on the target server. This reduces installation time and enhances the Dominion KX II's plug-and-play nature. In addition, the remote and target server mouse pointers never go out of synchronization. This feature is enabled by the D2CIM-VUSB and D2CIM-DVUSB virtual media CIMs.
- Intelligent Mouse Synchronization - Most KVM switches require the customer to manually adjust the mouse motion and mouse acceleration settings for all connected target servers for each KVM user. With the Dominion KX II's Intelligent Mouse option, no such manual configuration is required for many servers. The system can automatically adjust to the server's mouse settings. This further enhances the Dominion KX II's plug-and-play operation.
- 1600x1200 remote video resolution - Dominion KX II provides 1600x1200 remote and local video resolution, so even remote users can work with today's higher resolution monitors.
- Full screen video display - With the Dominion KX II's full screen video display, users appear to be directly connected to the target server. The user views the full video display from the target server without window borders or toolbars.
- Flexible video scaling - In many instances, the user would like to "scale", i.e., stretch or compress, the target server's video display to fit the display window on the client. With the Dominion KX II's flexible scaling, the user is not restricted to fixed-size windows, but can drag the window border to the desired size, including small thumbnail views.
- Fast video switching - Once the Dominion KX II's advanced video resolution detection has calculated a target server's video characteristics, connections to the server occur almost instantaneously. This gives the Dominion KX II user immediate access in most cases to all connected servers.
- Transparent keyboard handling - Transparent keyboard handling means that virtually all user keystrokes are sent to the target server and not processed by the desktop client. This key feature of the Raritan Virtual KVM Desktop obviates the need for most keyboard macros and allows the user to directly interact with the target server with a higher level of connectivity.
- "Plug and play" appliance - Dominion KX II is a completely self-contained system (i.e., an appliance). All Dominion KX II features, including authentication and Web access, are built into the unit and do not require the use of an additional server.
- Automatic color calibration - The Dominion KX II provides automatic and manual color calibration that optimizes the screen display to provide vivid, lifelike colors to enhance productivity and reduce bandwidth.
- 15-bit color support - Dominion KX II's 15-bit color support (32,000 colors) enables high video quality over the network. Multiple color modes, as well as grey scale, are available to connect via modem or low bandwidth link.
- PC share mode - Up to eight users can connect and remotely access each connected server. This feature is very useful for administrator collaboration for teamed troubleshooting of servers.
- Configurable bandwidth settings - Video performance can be configured to match the available network bandwidth. With high _speed LAN access, more bandwidth is available and higher quality video information can be sent, resulting in better performance. When accessing via a limited bandwidth connection, Dominion KX II can be configured to the limited bandwidth available.
- Real-time server status and availability - Users can easily determine, via the user interface, if a given server, including blade servers, is currently accessible/available.
- AES encryption - The Dominion KX II utilizes the Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) encryption for added security. 128- and 256-bit AES encryption is available. AES is a US government‑approved cryptographic algorithm that is recommended by the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) in the FIPS Standard 197.
- Video and virtual media encryption - Dominion KX II securely encrypts the video stream in addition to keyboard and mouse data.
- RADIUS, LDAP and Active Directory authentication - Dominion KX II integrates with industry-standard directory servers, such as Microsoft's Active Directory, using either the LDAP or RADIUS protocols. This allows Dominion KX II to use pre-existing username/password databases for security.
- Upload customer-provided SSL certificates - Customers can upload to the Dominion KX II (self-signed or certificate authority provided) digital certificates for enhanced authentication and secure communication.
- Configurable strong password checking - The Dominion KX II has administrator-configurable, strong password checking to ensure that user-created passwords meet corporate and/or government standards and are resistant to brute force hacking.
- Local authentication with user, groups and permissions - In addition to external authentication, the Dominion KX II supports local authentication. Administrators can define users and groups with customizable administration and port access permissions.
- Multiple security features - Dominion KX II offers many additional security features, including password aging, access control lists, inactivity timers, group permissions, per-port authorization, etc.
- Remote management and administration - Administrators can perform all management, administration and configuration operations, using a simple graphical user interface, from the convenience of their desktop.
- Raritan's CommandCenter integration - Like the rest of the Dominion Series, Dominion KX II features complete CommandCenter Secure Gateway integration, allowing enterprise users to consolidate all Dominion devices into a single logical system, accessible from a single IP address, and under a single management interface.
- Dominion KX I compatibility - Customers who have purchased Raritan's first generation Dominion KX I switches can continue to use these switches together with the new Dominion KX II. Both CommandCenter Secure Gateway and Raritan's Multiplatform Client support seamless access and control of target servers and serial devices connected to the Dominion KX I and Dominion KX II digital appliances.
- Paragon and Dominion CIM compatibility - For existing Raritan customers, select Paragon I and Paragon II CIMs as well as the Dominion KX I DCIMs are supported by the Dominion KX II. Paragon and Dominion customers wanting to upgrade to Dominion KX II can reuse many of their CIMs, reducing the cost of migration.
- SNMP management and Syslog - The Dominion KX II SNMP agent distributes SNMP TRAPs for important system events to SNMP management systems. SNMP TRAPs are fully configurable by the administrator. Syslog is also available.
- Firmware upgrade over Ethernet - Dominion KX II firmware upgrades can be downloaded directly from the Raritan Web site and upgrades can be performed via the network.
- D2CIM firmware upgrades - The Dominion KX II D2CIMs can be firmware upgraded from the Dominion KX II appliance to support new features and improvements. This includes the Dominion KX II USB CIMs supporting virtual media and Absolute Mouse Synchronization, and the Dominion KX II Power CIM.
Raritan DKX2-832 Specifications:
|Height||1.75 in. (44 mm.)|
|Width||17.3 in. (439 mm.)|
|Depth||13.8 in. (360 mm.)|
|Weight||10.4 lbs. (4.7 kg.)|
|Operating Temperature||32° (0°C) to 104° (40°C)|
|Power||Dual Power 100V/240V 50/60Hz 1A|
|Form Factor||1U, full width, rack mountable (brackets included)|
|Network||Dual Failover 10/100/1000 gigabit Ethernet (RJ45)|
|Modem Port||DB9(F) DTE|
|Protocols||TCP/IP, HTTP, HTTPS, SNMP, UDP, RADIUS, LDAP, SNTP, DHCP, PAP, CHAP|
|Local Access Port|
|Keyboard/Mouse||Mini-DIN6 (F) PS/2 and USB (F), 1 USB front, 3 USB rear|
|Sample Video Resolutions|
|PC text mode||640x350, 640x480, 720x400|
|PC graphic modes||640x480, 800x600, 1024x768, 1152x864, 1280x1024, 1440x900, 1680x1050, 1600x1200, 1920x1080|
|Sun video modes||1024x768, 1152x864, 1152x900, 1280x1024|
Answer: Thank you for your inquiry. Unfortunately, you are correct, this unit is no longer in production and we do not have any stock available.
However, the newer model, the DKX3-832 is available and can be found here: https://www.kvm-switches-online.com/dkx3-832.html.