The recommended replacement for this product is the Avocent HMXMGR-001.
The Avocent Emerge DM2000 is a desktop manager for managed KVM switching and extension; it is also the solution for centralized desktop management. The DM2000 desktop manager provides ease of workstation maintenance, management, and access in a secure environment.
The Avocent Emerge DM2000 desktop manager provides centralized management and control of Emerge ECMS2000 extender transmitters and receivers, allowing them to serve as endpoints of a high performance LAN-based KVM switch. This solution provides media professionals with uncompromised switched KVM access to business critical broadcast and post-production video editing systems.
Based on Gigabit Ethernet and highly optimized extension technology, the Avocent ECMS2000 extender and the DM2000 desktop manager products provide the image quality and responsiveness associated with distance-limited analog KVM switches and the unlimited distance benefits previously only available through less responsive KVM over IP switches. In addition to near lossless video and snappy mouse response, these third-generation network-based products deliver CD quality audio and seamless extension of USB mass storage devices.
Solution for Broadcast and Post-Production Environments
The Emerge DM2000 desktop manager provides ease of workstation maintenance, management, and access in a secure environment. Through centralization of computer assets, the user benefits from a noiseless working environment, optimized work area space, and serviceability. Key security features allow administrators to enforce access restrictions to critical systems with granular settings that permit server access only from select user stations; and audit logging for full logging of all system access. The DM2000 desktop manager includes web based management of user access rights to allow users to change desk locations without the need for the administrator to reconfigure each desk to provide access. Web based management allows administrators to perform system administration and setup right from their desk.
Avocent Emerge DM2000 Features:
- Centralization of Computer Assets - KVM switching and extension allows business-critical workstations to be maintained in a secure location where they can be properly monitored and maintained. Noisy systems are removed from the work area to allow for critical viewing and listening of content. Conditioned power and backup can be centrally maintained. Shared access may be provided to expensive workstations. Users may access workstations from various locations as if sitting directly in front of it.
- Security - Centralized login credentials allow administrators to enforce access restrictions to critical systems. Granular settings allow administrators to permit server access only from select user stations. This ensures that secure data cannot be viewed from non-secure areas.
- Audit Logging - Provides full logging of all system access including user login, login status, connection times, disconnection time, and system update.
- Web Based Management of User Access Rights - Users can gain access to their computer from any desk once their login credentials have been approved by the DM2000 desktop manager. This means the users can change desk locations without the need for the administrator to reconfigure each desk to provide access.
- Web Based Management - Administrators can conveniently perform system administration and setup right from their desk.
Avocent Emerge DM2000 Application Diagram
Avocent Emerge DM2000 Specifications:
|Height||1.7 in. (4.3 cm.)|
|Width||16.8 in. (42.7 cm.)|
|Depth||14.6 in. (37.1 cm.)|
|Weight||13 lbs. (5.9 kg.)|
|Operating Temperature||32°F (0°C) to 95°F (35°C)|
|Storage Temperature||-31°F (-35°C) to 158° F (70°C)|
|Humidity||10% to 90% (Non-condensing)|
|AC Input Voltage||100 - 240 VAC|
|Input Current/Frequency||5VDC / 1.1A|
|Output Power||260 W maximum|
|Output Voltages||+3.3 V (15 A), +5 V (25 A), +12 V (18 A), -12 V (1 A)|
|BTU Rate||1400 Bus/hour (for rated output power of 260 W)|
|Type||(2) Ethernet, 10BaseT, 100BaseT, GigE Connector|
|Type||(1) RS-232 serial port|
|Electromagnetic Emissions||FCC Class B, EN 55022 Class B, EN 61000-3-2/-3-3, CISPR 22 Class B|
|Electromagnetic Immunity||EN 55024/CISPR 24, (EN 61000-4-2, EN 61000-4-3, EN 61000-4-4, EN 61000- 4-5, EN 61000-4-6, EN 61000-4-8, EN 61000-4-11)|
|Safety||EN 60950/IEC 60950-Compliant, UL Listed (USA), CUL Listed (Canada), TUV Certified (Germany), CE Marking (Europe)|