Avocent HMX Desktop Over IP Manager
Replaced by: Avocent HMX 5000 Series, and Avocent HMX 6000 Series
Recommended replacement: ADDER INFINITY Digital KVM Matrix
Alternative options: Contact Us
Avocent HMX Manual (PDF)
The Avocent HMX Manager, HMXMGR-G2-001, provides centralized management and control of HMX extender transmitters and receivers, allowing them to serve as endpoints of a high performance LAN-based KVM switch. This HMX solution provides media professionals with uncompromised switched KVM access to business critical broadcast and post-production video editing systems.
Based on Gigabit Ethernet and highly optimized extension technology, the Avocent HMX extender and the HMX Manager products provide the image quality and responsiveness associated with distance-limited analog KVM switches and the unlimited distance benefits previously only available through less responsive KVM over IP switches.
Please Note: The HMXMGR-001 has been replaced with the HMXMGR-G2. This second generation HMX Manager (HMXMGR) ships with HMX Manager version 5.0.0 firmware that can be upgraded to version 6.0.0.
Avocent HMX Manager Backside
- Centralization of Computer Assets - HMX Manager ensures business-critical workstations can be placed in a secure location for protection (security and/or environmental), monitoring and maintenance.
- Security - Centralized login credentials allow administrators to enforce access restrictions to critical systems. Granular settings allow administrators to permit workstation access only from select user stations. This ensures that secure data cannot be viewed from non-secure areas.
- Audit Logging Provides full logging of all system access including user login, login status, connection times, disconnection time, and system update
- User Access Rights Users can gain access to their computer from any desk once their login credentials have been approved by the HMX Manager. The HMX Manager allows users to access their workstation from any location without the need for the administrator to reconfigure the desktop for each location
- Web Based Management Administrators can conveniently perform system administration, maintenance and setup from their desk.
Avocent HMX Manager Application Diagram
Avocent HMXMGR-G2-001 Specifications:
|Height||1.7 in. (4.3 cm.)|
|Width||16.8 in. (42.7 cm.)|
|Depth||14 in. (35.6 cm.)|
|Weight||13 lbs. (5.9 kg.)|
|Operating Temperature||32°F (0°C) to 95°F (35°C)|
|Storage Temperature||-31°F (-35°C) to 158° F (70°C)|
|Humidity||10% to 90% (Non-condensing)|
|AC Input Voltage||100 - 240 VAC|
|Input Current/Frequency||5VDC / 1.1A|
|Output Power||260 W maximum|
|Output Voltages||+3.3 V (15 A), +5 V (25 A), +12 V (18 A), -12 V (1 A)|
|BTU Rate||1400 Bus/hour (for rated output power of 260 W)|
|Type||(2) Ethernet, 10BaseT, 100BaseT, GigE Connecto|
|Type||(1) RS-232 serial port|
|Electromagnetic Emissions||FCC Class B, EN 55022 Class B, EN 61000-3-2/-3-3, CISPR 22 Class B|
|Electromagnetic Immunity||EN 55024/CISPR 24, (EN 61000-4-2, EN 61000-4-3, EN 61000-4-4, EN 61000- 4-5, EN 61000-4-6, EN 61000-4-8, EN 61000-4-11)|
|Safety||EN 60950/IEC 60950-Compliant, UL Listed (USA), CUL Listed (Canada), TUV Certified (Germany), CE Marking (Europe)|