The SmartAVI DVX-500 is a DVI-I KVM CAT6 STP Extender which extends over CAT5 up to 100m. With Flat panel displays becoming more prevalent it is natural to drive them digitally through their DVI interface to obtain optimum image quality. DVX500 supports DVI extension up to resolutions of 1600 x 1200 to ensure the benefits of using DVI are maintained even if you locate your monitor 10 km away.
The DVX500 extender system consists of a Transmitter unit and a Receiver unit. These two devices enable long-distance, loss less transmission of DVI video signals between a digital video source and a digital display device. The DVX500 is equipped with DVI-digital (Digital Visual Interface) connectors for a single-link and optional keyboard and mouse. The DVX500 receiver is small enough to be attached near a projector. With the DVX500, the maximum distance between the source and digital display is 330 feet (100 m) using cat5 and up to 10,000ft using fiber optic VGA, DVI and more DVX500 supports traditional analog VGA as well as digital DVI. All combinations of DVI and VGA (graphics cards and monitors) are supported allowing equipment to be mixed. You could use DVX500 today to extend your existing SVGA equipment. Later, if you purchase a DVI monitor you can use it with DVX500 even though your computer is equipped with a VGA graphic card. When you finally upgrade to a DVI graphic card, DVX500 will continue to extend your system without any reconfiguration.
SmartAVI DVX-500 Transmitter and Receiver Back Views
Depending on the type of device, you can connect monitors with a resolution of up to 1600x1200 pixels. You can use a PS2 Mouse and Keyboard, SUN Keyboard/Mouse or USB Devices. The highly dense packing of the electronic components gives you the ability to mount this unit in a slim, tight housing, which can be placed on the table, as well as mounted at a wall as well as stacked in a 19" Housing.
- Support for DVI-D Graphic cards (all devices)
- Support for PS2-Keyboard and PS2-Mouse (Optional)
- Support for USB-Keyboard and USB-Mouse (Optional)
- Maximum resolution: DVI-D: 1600x1200@60Hz over all allowed distances all lower resolutions with refresh rates of at least 75Hz
- Supporting 18 Bit color depth = 256,000 colors
- Status indicator LEDs on each device.
- Small footprint chassis.
- Rack mount options available.
- CPU cables + Adapters included.
The SmartAVI DVX500 has a modular architecture providing flexibility. Not only are all standard peripheral connections supported (PS2, SUN), but also the different cabling interfaces (depending on model) for bridging the required distance: Cat5 network cable.
SmartAVI DVX-500 Features:
- Cat5 Modules: S/UTP (Cat5) cable acc. to EIA/TIA 56A or TSB 36 or Digital STP 17-03170.Four pairs AWG 24. compatible with EIA/
- Multimode Modules: Two fibers 50μm or 62.5μm. E.g. I-V(ZN)H 2G50 or I-V(ZN)HH 2G62,5 or I/AD(ZN)H 4G50.
- Top Image Quality at all Resolutions
- Video Resolutions up to 1600 x 1200 @ 60Hz (1280 x 1024 @ 75Hz) on all distances up to the maximum distance
- User selectable: DCC-Information used from the remotely located Monitor, from the locally located Monitor or from an internal DDCTable
- Basic device to remotely locate Monitor and Keyboard/Mouse
- Supports (depending on device type) PS2- keyboard/mouse or USB (USB supports keyboard/mouse and all HDI=Human device interface devices like Touch screen, Graphic Tablets
- Dual-Access: in addition to the remote access, a Monitor (all models) and Keyboard/Mouse (PS2 models only!) may be connected directly at the PC
- Option: Dual-Head for PS2 and USB: Support for two displays at the workplace - for Dual Port Graphic Cards
- Maximum Screen Resolution on all distances: 140 m w/ regular Cat5 Cable
- Compatible with all operating systems
- Compatible with all major KVM Switches
- Rack Mount options (19"): Mount up to 4 devices in a 19"/1U rack mount kit. This saves expensive rack space.
- Includes: [DVX-TX500, DVX-RX500, (CCKDVIMM06), and 2 x (PS5VD1E)]
SmartAVI DVX-500 DVI Extender Application Diagram
SmartAVI DVX-500 Specifications:
|Dimensions||103 x 143 x 29 mm. (19" Rackmount Kit and brackets available)|
|Resolution||1600 x 1200 @ 60 Hz |
All lower resolutions operate up to 75 Hz vertical refresh
|Keyboard/Mouse Options||PS/2 Microsoft Compatible|
|Power Supply||Universal Switchmode PSU (90-240V Input)|
|Interconnection Options||Multi-mode 50/125|