The Raritan eRIC G4 is a KVM-over-IP remote management PCI card that adds remote, unblocked, BIOS-level access and control to any server. Accessed from any Web browser, it provides anytime, anywhere KVM access with maximum security, stability and speed.
The eRIC G4 shrinks all the performance and security features of Raritan's remote KVM access-and-control technology into a low-profile PCI card, easily inserted into 1U and 2U form factors for PC, Sun and Mac platforms. It also offers dual-channel Virtual Media technology, allowing an administrator to exchange installation files and other media between a target machine and a remote user over KVM ports.
eRIC G4 requires no client software on the remote user end and can be accessed from almost any combination of operating systems and Web browser, including Safari, Firefox and Internet Explorer. And because it operates at the BIOS level, this KVM over IP PCI card provides access to servers even if the server's OS fails. Its modem provides emergency access, even when the network or the internet is unavailable. eRIC G4's combination of encryption and certification protects any server from unauthorized access.
Raritan eRIC G4 Features:
- Up to 256-bit SSLv3/TLSv1 keyboard, video and mouse encryption
- Built-in authentication or compatible with third-party AAA servers
- Support of SSL certificate management
- Logging of all important events
- User management system- up to 200 definable user access profiles using RAASIP
- Transmission of keyboard and mouse signals over high speed USB
- Support of all standard VGA and VESA modes (graphics and text)
- No perceptible latency
- Access via 10/100 Mbps LAN, DSL or Modem
- Accessible with most Java-enabled browsers
- Local client available for servers that do not support Java
- Virtual media support, via USB mass storage, including floppy, CD-ROM, DVD and hard drive redirection
- SSH and Telnet access
- Integrated serial functionality via SSH or Telnet
- Up to 15 users can access and view the server for collaborative troubleshooting
- Remote Power on/off and reset
- Firmware update via web interface
- Local port access
- Local serial port for modem access
- Local video monitor access with optional video splitter (eRIC-G4-VDSLITTERPK)
- Local keyboard and mouse access via USB with adatper
- IPMI support
- Powered by server
Raritan eRIC G4 Common Applications:
- System integrators can use eRIC G4 to take a one-size-fits-all approach, stocking and deploying just one affordable, enterprise-class KVM.
- Multi-site enterprises can deploy eRIC G4 in many locations and centrally manage them through a single sign-on with Raritan's CommandCenter Secure Gateway.
- Internet Service Providers can use eRIC G4 to differentiate their web- and application-hosting services by offering clients "virtual presence" at their servers, including do-it-yourself remote reboot and software installation.
Raritan eRIC G4 Specifications:
|Height||0.51 in. (15 mm.)|
|Width||6.6 in. (167.64 mm.)|
|Depth||2.54 in. (64.41 mm.)|
|Weight||0.15 lb. (0.11 kg.)|
|Form Factor||1U, full width, rack mountable (brackets included)|
|Operating Temperature||32° (0°C) to 104° (40°C)|
|Power||100V/240V 50/60Hz 1A|
|Network||Dual Failover 10/100 Ethernet (RJ45)|
|Modem Port:||DB9 (F) DTE|
|Protocols||TCP/IP, HTTP, HTTPS, UDP, RADIUS, LDAP, SNTP, DHCP, PAP, CHAP|
|Local Access Port|
|Keyboard/Mouse||Mini-DIN6(F) PS/2; or USB A (F)|
|PC text mode||720x400|
|PC graphics mode||640x480, 800x600, 1024x768, 1152x864, 1280x1024|
|Sun video modes||1024x768, 1152x900, 1280x1024|