The 2x2 DVI Switcher enables you to switch easily and reliably between two cross-platform digital video computers using dual DVI displays controlled by a USB keyboard/mouse combination. High resolution digital video, keyboard/mouse controls and audio are "switched" for each computer instantly, providing you with an effortless way to access two computers from the same workstation without complex networking.
The term dual displays is usually used to describe two monitors that are running an extended desktop setup, so that the same image extends over two displays, providing you with a wider digital desktop. The 2x2 DVI Switcher will not mirror the same desktop but will provide support for dual displays.
Note: Apple flat panel displays equipped with ADC (Apple display connector) can be connected when used with our DVI to ADC Conversion Box.
How it Works
You simply connect both computers' DVI, USB and audio ports to the Switcher's inputs using the cables provided. Then you connect both of your DVI displays, USB keyboard/mouse and optional audio device to the two outputs on the Switcher. Switching between computers is done from a key switch or remotely using a contact closure remote control.
- Saves money on hardware costs
- Saves space on your desktop
- Save time and increase your productivity
- Maintains highest resolution video
- No loss of quality
- Use either PC or Mac with USB keyboard/mouse
- Remote control option
- Support ADC based Flat Panel Displays when used with the DVI to ADC Conversion Box
- Video Amplifier Bandwidth: 1.65 GHz
- Single Link Range: 1920 x 1200
- Vertical Frequency Range: 60 Hz
- DVI Input/Output Connector: Type DVI-I, Supports Analog Signals
- USB Input Connector: Type "B"
- USB Output Connector: Type "A"
- Power Consumption: 18 Watts (max.)
- Power Supply: 12VAC
- Dimensions: 17"W x 1.75"H x 4"D
- Rackmountable: 1 Rack Space
- Shipping Weigh: 12 lbs
- the 2x2 DVI Switcher
- One 12v power supply
- Four 6ft DVI cables
- Two 6ft USB cables
- Two audio cable