The CS1642A 2-Port USB DVI Dual View KVMPŞ Switch is a multi-application device that integrates a 2-port KVM switch with 2-port USB hub. The newest version now supports Quad-View functionality with two Dual View KVM Switches connected.
The CS1642A supports advanced nVidia 3D Vision ready 120Hz 3D displaying,allowing you to manage various 3D visual effects. It allows you to manipulate all connected computers from a single console to save resources and work space. It enables each computer to access connected peripherals on a one-computer-at-a-time basis.The CS1642A is perfect for graphic designers, banking and financial consultants, gamers and medical professionals-demanding a high quality switch that provides stunning color, clarity and functionality.
ATEN CS1642A Features:
- One dual-screen USB console controls two/four dual-screen computers and two additional USB devices
- Multi-View Display - Easily connect two CS1642A/1644A's units for a second dual-screen setup controlled through a single connection
- Superior video quality - 2560 x 1600 at 60Hz (DVI Dual link); and 3D displays up to 1920 x 1200 at 120Hz (DVI Single link)
- Supports widescreen resolutions
- Independent switching of KVM, USB, and Audio focus
- DVI digital and analog monitor support - fully compliant with DVI specifi cations; and HDCP compliant
- Multiplatform support - Windows 2000/XP/Vista, Linux *, Mac, Sun,and FreeBSD
- Sun/Mac keyboard support and emulation **
- Video DynaSync, exclusive ATEN technology, to eliminate boot-up display problems and optimizes resolution when switching between ports
* Supports Linux Kernel 2.6 and higher. The CS1642A has a builtin USB 2.0 hub, so will not support PCs or OS that do not support USB 2.0.
** PC keyboard combinations emulate Mac keyboards.
** Mac keyboards only work with their own computers.
CS1642A Hot Key Sequence
|Port Selection||Invoke OSD|
|Default: [Num Lock] + [-]||Default: [Scroll Lock] [Scroll Lock] [Port #] [Enter]||Default: None|
|Alternate: [Ctrl] + [F12]||Alternate: [Ctrl] [Ctrl] [Port #] [Enter]||Alternate: None|
Aten CS1642A Diagram
Aten CS1642A Requirements:
- Two DVI compatible monitors capable of the highest possible resolution
- A USB mouse
- A USB keyboard
- Microphone and speakers
- The following equipment must be available on each computer:
- Two DVI ports
- Four DVI ports for Quad-View (DCC Mode)
- USB Type A port
- Audio ports (Optional)
Aten CS1642 Package Content:
- 1 CS1642A USB DVI Dual View KVMP Switch
- 2 Custom USB DVI-D Dual Link Cables Sets
- 2 Custome DVI-D Dual Linkk Cables
- 1 Power Adapter
- 1 User Instructions
Aten CS1642A Specifications:
|Height||1.73 in. (4.40 cm.)|
|Width||3.02 in. (7.68 cm.)|
|Depth||10.32 in. (26.23 cm.)|
|Weight||1.2 lbs. (.56 kg.)|
|Operating Temperature||32-122 F (0-50 C)|
-4-140 F (-20-60 C)
0-80% RH, Non-condensing
|Remote Port Selector||2 (Green)|
|Port Selection||Front Panel Pushbuttons; Hotkey|
|Video Resolution||1920 x 1200|
|Power Consumption||DC 5.3 V, 10.6 W|
|Scan Interval||5 seconds default (1-99 secs)|
|Keyboard, Mouse & Monitor||2 x USB Type A|
2 x DVI-D
|Audio||1 x Mini Stereo Jack (Green)|
1 x Mini Stereo Jack (Pink)
|KVM Ports||2 x USB Type B|
2 x DVI-D
2 x Mini Stereo Jack (Green)
2 x Mini Stereo Jack (Pink)
|Power||1 x DC Jack|
|USB Hub||2 x USB Type A F|
Please note, ATEN CS1642 is discontinued and has been replaced with ATEN CS1642A.
Answer: Thank you for your inquiry. Unfortunately, due to the complexity of DisplayPort, the cost of adding monitor emulation for DisplayPort KVMs is price prohibitive.
This unit however, uses DVI and supports ATEN's Video DynaSync technology to help prevent loss of EDID.
In terms of wireless keyboards and mice, KVMs will often have keyboard and or mouse emulation, which does not play well with wireless keyboards and mice. While this particular unit does have a mouse emulation by-pass feature, which may help, we always recommend using basic wired keyboards and mice for best performance.
Additionally, ATEN typically states when a KVM supports wireless devices, but this one does not mention any wireless support. We would assume then that wireless devices are not supported through the console ports of this KVM. (They may work through the USB hub, but if they did function though the Hub, some functionality would likely be lost.)
Question: Can you also switch to a mode which displays a single screen from each computer ?
Answer: Thank you for your inquiry. Unfortunately, this device does not have a mode to display the video output from both attached computers at the same time.
One device that might be of interest is the Adder CCS-PRO4 (https://www.kvm-switches-online.com/ccs-pro4-us.html). The CCS-PRO4 is a Keyboard/Mouse switch where each device is connected to its own monitor (or monitors).
Please feel free to contact your KVM Switches Online sales representative directly at 1-877-586-6654 or via the online chat feature to discuss your project in greater detail.