The IOGEAR GCS22U is a 2-Port USB Cable KVM allows users to share a VGA monitor, a USB mouse, and a USB keyboard between two computers. Users can switch between computers using the wired remote switch button that can be placed on your desk for convenience. It offers an out-of-box solution with no additional cables needed. It supports multiple operating systems including Windows, Sun, and Mac. It is entirely plug-n-play and requires no software to run. It is also powered through the USB bus and thus does not require a power supply to run. It is the ideal KVM for those who want a competitively priced, entry level KVM that will allow them to multitask with two computers at their disposal.
IOGEAR 2 Port USB Cable KVM Application Diagram
IOGEAR GCS22U Features:
- One USB keyboard, USB mouse, and VGA monitor control two computers
- Max resolution: 2048 x 1536, DDC2B
- Plug-n-Play monitor support
- 3'long molded-in cables to simplify setup
- Compact design features two attached KVM (USB and VGA) cables
- Compatible withPC, MAC and SUN operating platforms
- Supports Windows 2000 or higher, Mac OS 9.0 or higher, Sun Solaris 9 or higher
- No software drivers required - simply connect thecables to the computers
- Computer selection via 6 ft remotecontrollercable that can be placed on your desk for easy reach
- Full Mac keyboard support
- Supports programmable mice
- No power adapter required
- Computers with a USB and VGA (HDDB15) connections
- Windows XP, Vista
- Mac OS 8.6 or greater
- Sun Solaris work station
- Linux, UNIX and other USB supported systems*
*Additional drivers and support may be needed
- 1 x 2-Port USB Cable KVM
- 1 x Quick Start Guide
- 1 x Warranty Card
IOGEAR GCS22U Specifications:
|Height||0.87 in. (2.2 cm.)|
|Width||3.0 in. (7.6 cm.)|
|Depth||2.5 in. (6.4 cm.)|
|Weight||3.0 lbs. (1.36 kg.)|
|Keyboard & Mouse||USB|
|Keyboard & Mouse||USB|
|Cable Length||2 x 3 ft. ea|
|Cable Type||Bonded USB|
|10" Peg Hook||3|
Answer: This IOGEAR switch does not explicitly state it supports Windows 7, but it should not require a separate driver for the USB to function. Unfortunately, detailed product support is beyond the scope of this question system. For product support on this KVM, IOGEAR recommends the following:
1. Try the live chat at www.iogear.com to try and solve any issues you may have with the product.
2. Visit the Tech Info Library/FAQ on www.iogear.com (listed under the support tab)
3. Call the 24/7 tech support line at 1-866-946-4327 (US only)
Question: cannot show second computer
Answer: Thank you for your inquiry. Unfortunately, due to the variable nature of user environments, detailed product support is beyond the scope of this simple FAQ.
For product support, we suggest you contact IOGEAR diretly at: http://iogear.custhelp.com/
Question: Does the GCS22U have a "HOT KEY" function?
Answer: Thank you for your inquiry. We did not find any reference to Hot Key switching functionality in the documentation. The manual only references the push button.
Question: Can I switch between computers using keyboard in case the wired remote switch button cut off
Answer: Thank you for your inquiry. Unfortunately, it looks like this KVM does not support hotkey switching via the keyboard. Switching can only be accomplished by the push button on the remote controller.