The IOGEAR GVS74 is a 4-port VGA video splitter and a signal booster with IOGEAR's patented VSE (Video Signal Enhancement) Technology. It is the best choice for splitting and carrying a video signal to more that one display with the same quality as the original signal. The GVS74 VGA Video Splitter is used to take video input from a single source and direct it to four video outputs for monitors using analog signals.
The signal boost obtained by using IOGEAR's patented VSE (Video Signal Enhancement) Technology allows you to not only split the signal but it also amplifies the video signal to increase the transmission distance up to 215 feet away. This is no small feat, your average VGA card, over a standard VGA cable, sends a clear VGA signal approximately 25 feet.
Operating with a bandwidth of 350MHz (350 million cycles per second) that is almost 60 times greater than a simple TV signal. The high bandwidth allows for the transmission of large amounts of information at a very high rate of speed, thus allowing for the use of high resolution settings upwards of 1920 x 1440 in 24- or 32-bit true color mode.
IOGEAR 4 Port Video Splitter Backview
IOGEAR GVS74 Features:
- Stream a single video source to4 separate VGA monitors
- Ultra High 350MHz Bandwidth Superior video quality, maintains highest signal strength in all applications up to 1920 x 1440
- Includes IOGEAR's patented VSE (Video Signal Enhancement) Technology, which amplifies video signal strength throughout your desire set-up
- Amplifies video signals increasing transmission distance up to 215 ft.
- Cascadable; allows you to expand your video splitter set up beyond 4 displays
- Hassle free, no software to install, instant installation and use
- Hot-Plug capability, Hot-Swappable, Plug-n-Play
- Compact design for easy placement
- Supports DDC, DDC2, DDC2B at Port 1
IOGEAR 4 Port Video Splitter Application Diagram
Video source with VGA (HDB-15) connection
Displays with VGA (HDB-15) connection
- 1 x 4-Port VGA Video Splitter
- 1 x Power Adapter
- 1 x Quick Start Guide
- 1 x Warranty Card
IOGEAR GVS74 Specifications:
|Height||2.0 in. (5.1 cm.)|
|Width||8.5 in. (21.6 cm.)|
|Depth||3.75 in. (9.5 cm.)|
|Weight||1.0 lbs. (0.45 kg.)|
|Power Consumption||2.03W (Max)|
|Video Bandwidth (-3db)||350MHz|
|Video Resolution||1920 x 1440 @ 60 Hz|
|Signal Type||VGA, SVGA, XVGA, USXGA and Multi-sync|
|Cable Distance||65m (214.5 ft.)|
|Operation Temperature||32-122F (0C-50C)|
|Humidity||0-80% RH (Non-Condensing)|
|Storage Temperature||-20F-140F (-20C-60C)|
Answer: Thank you for your inquiry. Unfortunately, this device is a simple splitter and would not be able to extend a desktop across multiple monitors. The GVS74 is used to send a single VGA signal to multiple monitors, each attached monitor mirroring the others exactly.
To extend the desktop to two screens or more, the computer needs to produce at least two separate video signals (either one video card that can support two independent outputs or multiple video cards).
Alternatively, a device called a video Stretcher can be used to take a single screen and stretch the image across multiple displays, but this typically used in a video wall situation and is a little different than extending the desktop across several monitors. Here is an example of a video stretcher device: https://www.kvm-switches-online.com/ext-hd-vwc-144.html.