The Aten KL3116M is a control unit that allows access to multiple computers from a single KVM (keyboard, monitor, and mouse), console. A single KL3116 can control up to 16 computers. As many as 31 additional units can be daisy chained to each other, so that up to 512 computers can all be controlled from a KL3116M.
The dual interface supports both PS/2 and USB keyboard/mouse data transfer from switch to the computer.
The Aten KL3116M offers a space-saving, streamlined approach to KVM switch technology by integrating a keyboard, LCD monitor, and touchpad in a 1U Hideaway housing. The LCD module and keyboard module slide separately - you can see the video display, for example, while the keyboard and touchpad are conveniently out of the way.
Access to any computer connected to the installation is easily accomplished either by means of a powerful mouse driven OSD (On Screen Display) menu system, or by entering Hotkey combinations from the keyboard. A convenient Auto Scan feature also permits automatic scanning and monitoring of the activities of all computers running on the installation one by one.
Additional console port allows the second user access remotely or locally. Work with ATEN's IP access unit (CN5000), you can control attached computers anywhere around the world.
- Integrated KVM console with 17" LCD monitor in a Hideaway housing
- Space saving technology - up to two consoles (one bus) control up to 16 computers
- Extra console port - manage computers in the LCD KVM switch from an external console (monitor, USB keyboard, and USB mouse)
- Dual interface - supports PS/2 and USB keyboards and mice in the computer ports
- Hideaway housing is slightly less than 1U with top and bottom clearance for smooth operation in 1U of rack space
- Dual slide - LCD monitor slides independently of the keyboard/touchpad
- Supports external PS/2 mouse
- USB peripheral support for attached computers
- Conveniently located station and port selectors with 7-segment LED displays to quickly switch to target computers
- Dedicated Hotkey Mode and OSD Invocation Keys reduce the number of keystrokes and provide quick access to these functions
- OSD tree structure makes finding and managing computers easy
- Daisy chain up to 31 additional KVM switches to control up to 512 computers
- Auto Scan Mode enables continuous monitoring of user-selected computers
- Security - Administrator/User password authorization for enhanced security protection; Administrator access rights synchronized between master and slave stations
- Two-level password security - only authorized users can view and control computers
- Supports one Administrator and four User accounts with separate profiles
- Superior video quality - supports resolutions up to 1280 x 1024 @ 75Hz
Aten KL3116M Requirements:
The following equipment must be installed on each computer:
VGA, SVGA or Multisync card; Maximum lcd resolution is 1280 x 1024 at 75 Hz.
Either 6-pin mini-din PS/2 mouse and PS/2 keyboard port or USB port are required.
ATEN KVM to USB computers:
2L-5205U - 16"
ATEN KVM to PS/2 computers:
2L5202P - 6'
2L5203P - 10'
2L5206P - 20'
ATEN KVM to ATEN KVM (Daisy Chaining):
2L1700 - 2'
2L1701 - 6'
Aten KL3116M Package Content:
1 x KL3116M Hideaway 17" LCD KVMP Switch with Standard Rack Mounting Kit
1 x Custom PS/2 KVM Cable Set
1 x Custom USB KVM Cable Set
1 x Firmware DB9 Upgrade Cable
1 x Console cable
1 x upgrade Long Rack Mounting Kit
1 x Power Cord
1 x User Manual
1 x Quick Start Guide
1 x Registration Card
Aten KL3116M Specification :
|Master Carton||Width 26.4 in. (67.0 cm)|
Depth 32.6 in. (82.7 cm)
Height 5.5 in. (14.0 cm)
|Connectors||Power 1 x 3prong AC socket ( black)|
|Unit Package Dimensions||Width 31.9 in (80.9 cm) |
Depth 22.3 in (56.7 cm)
Height 4.3 in (10.9 cm)
|Daisy Chain or Cascading||512|
|Station ID||2 digits 7 segment orange at keyboard pad module|
16 x green@ keyboard touch module
|Power On||1 x blue at front panel|
|Remote Console||2 x 6 pin mini-DINF Female for keyboard and mouse, 1 x HDB-15 Female for video|
|Flash ROM Upgrade||1 xRJ-11 female (black)|
|Keyboard, Mouse, and Monitor||1 x SPHD-15M (Yellow) at rear|
|Mouse additional||1 x mini-din-6 F (Green)|
|Voltage||AC 84V ~ 240V|
|Weight||Unit Pack Wt. 38.6 lb. (17.5 kg) |
Master Carton Wt. 38.6 lb. (17.5 kg)
|Unit Dimensions||Height 1.7 in. (4.4 cm.), 1U |
Width 19.0 in. (48.2 cm.)
Depth 27.8 in. (70.5 cm.)
|Keyboard, Mouse, and Monitor||16 x SPHD-15 Female, (yellow)|
|Scan Interval||1~255 Sec|
|Console Connection||1 built-in, 1 additional|
|Humidity||0 - 80% RH|
|Security||2-level password security|
|Operating Temperature||32F~122F (0C~50C)|
|Port Selection||OSD, Hotkey, Push Buttom|
|Storage Temperature||-4F~140F (-20C ~ +60C)|