The RARITAN MCIP116-UPAC is a MasterConsole IP116 (16-Port) KVM-over-IP Bundled with (16 qty) CMCIP20 2M KVM Cables. The MasterConsole IP is a fully-featured, easy-to-use KVM switch for the small to mid-sized business. Providing BIOS-level control of up to 8 or 16 servers from one keyboard, monitor and mouse, it also brings the convenience, flexibility and security of remote access down to SMB scale. Most important, it accomplishes this with Raritan's high-performance KVM-over-IP technology.
MasterConsole IP includes the same bulletproof security features as Raritan's enterprise-class remote access products, including up to 256-bit SSL encryption, certificate management, configurable TCP/IP port numbers and user access rights. With access strictly secured, off-site administrators can respond to incidents around the clock, from across town or around the world.
The MasterConsole IP is available in two models: MCIP18 for up to 8 servers AND MCIP116 for up to 16 servers.
Raritan MCIP116-UPAC Backview
Raritan MCIP116-UPAC Features:
- Hardware Features:
- 1U Form Factor- Only 1U in height for the MCIP18 (1x8)and MCIP116 (1x16); extremely rack-efficient.
- Advanced Video Resolution Detection Hardware- Ensures a fast, accurate and clear transition when the user switches to a new video source.
- Video resolution 1600 x 1200 at 75Hz- Supports the highest PC video resolution in KVM industry.
- Automatically calibrates and adjusts the displaying window to the screen resolution of the remote computer- Saves manual calibration and adjustment.
- Connectivity Features:
- Remote Network Access/KVM over IP- Users can access the MCIP18/MCIP116 from anywhere on the network (LAN, WAN, Ethernet, Telnet) to troubleshoot, reconfigure and even reboot servers remotely.
- Ethernet: 10/100 BaseT with auto-sensing (RJ-45), LEDs for link, 10/100 MB and activity- Allows users to monitor remote access connectivity and network traffic.
- Security Features:
- Up to 256 bit SSL v3, TLS v1 encryption of console data- Prevents against packet sniffing attacks between client and server, either outside, via the Internet or even inside the LAN.
- Storage for up to 200 user profiles - with individual rights- Provides granular security policies and administrative flexibility.
- Certification management- The MCIP18/MCIP116 server side certificates prevent a man-in-the-middle attack, in which the attacker pretends to be the server and transparently forwards data. Also prevents an attacker from hijacking connections via IP spoofing.
- Ports can be labeled with device names- Allows easier selection from the on-screen menu
- Single user access rights can be limited to individual KVM Ports- Ensures that each local or remote user may only access "his" or "her" servers.
- Event logging- Helps avoid internal misuse by recording the steps taken by every user.
- Management Features:
- Remote Management- Allows remote administrators to perform all management and changes from the convenience of their desktops.
- On-line firmware update capability- MCIP18/MCIP116 firmware updates can be downloaded directly from the Raritan Website and performed over the network.
Raritan MCIP116-UPAC Diagram
Raritan MCIP116-UPAC Specifications:
|Weight||23 lbs. (10.43 kgs.)|
Answer: Thank you for your inquiry. You can locate the most recent firmware for the MasterConsole IP line on the following page: http://www.raritan.com/support/end-of-life. Click on the link that says, "MasterConsole IP (All Versions)". It leads to a zip file with the firmware update, quick install guide and user manual.
The most recent firmware is 1601ipfw-040003-4062_raritan, released August 8th, 2006.