Designed as a digital growth platform, the Avocent Matrix product line creates a future-proof environment that customers can expand as new technologies become available, such as higher video resolutions, improved USB standards and video interfaces. It is highly configurable and scalable, and gives broadcasters the flexibility to manage their system now without worrying about what hardware they will need in the future.
With an emphasis on digital file-based workflows in the media and entertainment industry, Avocent Matrix can integrate with the Trellis platform to provide a flexible, reliable and secure content management and delivery capability. This will allow broadcast executives to leverage internal IT capabilities to provide digital content to numerous digital platforms and channels, without multiplying costs.
The Avocent Matrix is easy to implement because of its redesigned management software suite that centralizes configuration, maintenance and user-role setup into one streamlined interface. Compatibility with LDAP and other user authentication frameworks allows the Avocent Matrix to be added easily to existing workflows and setups.
As the transmitters are powered through Power over Ethernet (PoE), the need for power adapters for every transmitter is eliminated. Being able to remove a power supply from each transmitter decreases the number of items in the rack and reduces installation complexity. In addition to the benefits of PoE, transmitters and receivers are fully sealed and passively cooled. This keeps dust and other contaminants away from sensitive components and helps provide a quieter environment and increases reliability for radio or audio production.
Avocent MXR5110 Features and Benefits:
- Personnel Efficiency - Provide quick, easy access to key business applications and IT resources and increase employee productivity by enabling collaboration and improving work environment
- Cost Savings - Decrease IT expenditures by sharing costly equipment and applications and reduce time to provision, IT overhead costs and maintenance efforts by centralizing equipment
- Improved IT Manageability - Enhance physical security by isolating critical equipment and networks and increase availability by reducing downtime due to human error on key business applications
- Designed to support current and future display standards
- Silent receivers and transmitters with fanless and ventless cooling
- Redundant switch power supplies on some models
- Compatibility with LDAP and other user authentication frameworks allows it to be added easily to existing workflows and setups
- Advanced Dambrackas Video Compression algorithm enables a pixel-accurate, lossless video experience with lag-free, real-time interaction to computing equipment via any USB enabled device
- Provides six USB 2.0 connectors (two powered) with an industry-leading combined thoroughput that is up to 66% faster than competitive products
- Revolutionary centralized software management system
- Digital and analog video support
- PoE-powered transmitters
- Multi-colored back lit LCD allows at-a-glance status identification of transmitters and receivers
- Instant switching - less than half a second
- USB 2.0 single line speed is up to 66% faster than the competition
Avocent MXR5110 DVI-I, USB, Audio Matrix Receiver Diagram
Avocent MXR5110 Specifications:
|Weight||1.6 lbs. (0.73 kg)|
|AC Input Range||100-240C|
|AC Input Frequency||50/60 Hz|
|USB||6 x Type B (2 front, 4 rear)|
|Microphone||1 x 3.5mm stereo|
|Speaker||1 x 3.5mm stereo|
|Video||1 x DVI-I|
|Direct Connect||1 x 8-pin modular|
Answer: Thank you for your inquiry,
Unfortunately the Avocent MX Matrix does not support dual monitor configuration. There is a work-around (see below), but we would not recommend that as it can be very inconsistent, and requires 2 keyboards or an additional 2-Port KM Switch. If possible, you may want to consider the Adder INFINITY Matrix solution for your application instead, which natively supports Dual Monitor matrix switching and extension.
Notes: not native Dual Monitor, requires 2 keyboards, and switching will need to be done separately for each monitor.
1) Connect 2 Transmitters to the source - plug in video + USB for keyboard and mouse, from each Transmitter to the source PC/Server.
2) Connect 2 Receivers to the user station - Connect Monitor 1 to Transmitter 1 video output, and connect Monitor 2 to Transmitter 2 video output. Plug in either 2 keyboards (one in each Receiver), or a 2 Port USB Keyboard-Mouse switch to each Receiver + a keyboard into to the KM Switch.
3) In the settings, set Receiver 1 into control mode, and Receiver 2 into share/follow mode.
4) You have now implemented Dual Monitor (kind of).
For information on the INFINITY series, or for an alternative recommendation for a solution based on your application, please feel free to contact your KVM Switches Online sales representative directly.