8 Port KVM/Crosspoint Switch for Fiber Multimode, DVI, USB HID
For upgrade or replacement options: Contact Us
The Rose ORS-LC08FM is an 8 Port KVM/Crosspoint Switch for Fiber Multimode, DVI, USB HID. This switch is a multifunction device that configures easily for use as a: KVM Switch, Crosspoint Switch, or Multiplex Repeater. It supports USB keyboard and mouse. It also extends distances up to: 800ft. (120 m) over CAT5, 1350ft. (200 m) over multimode 62.5μ, 2600ft. (400 m) over multimode 50μ, 66,000ft. (10 km) over singlemode 9μ, and Optional serial and audio.
The Orion LC multifunction DVI KVM Switch is a unique product that offers three operating modes in a single product; a KVM Switch, a Crosspoint switch, or a
Multiplex repeater. Each operating mode can also be configured to support several different system arrangements. Simple dip switch settings determine the operating mode for the unit. Selecting / switching channels can be done by keyboard commands, serial string commands, or the front panel push button. The Orion LC interfaces to Rose Electronics CrystalView DVI CATx extender family. These extenders offer single or dual head video, local access and serial/audio options.
As a DVI KVM switch, you can switch up to 7 computers to one user station or 3 Dual head computers to one user station. Connect a second stage to the unit and you now have access to 49 computers from one user station (9 Dual head computers). Select the Crosspoint switch operating mode and each of the eight ports can be used as an input or an output. This offers the flexibility of switching 1 to 7 DVI inputs to 1 to 7 DVI outputs. An example of this flexibility is to connect three surveillance cameras to three input ports and five monitors to five output ports. Setting the operating mode to the Multiplex Repeater mode gives you the flexibility of extending and distributing 1 to 4 video sources to 1 to 4 video displays. Any combination of sources to displays that total 4 can be configured. (1 to 7, 2 to 3, or 4 to 4).
Rose ORS-LC08FM Features:
- Extends distances up to 400 feet (120 M) over CAT5 cable or 33,000 feet (10 km) over fiber cable.
- Supports DVI-D video
- Video resolution up to 1920 x 1200 @ 60Hz
- Supports USB keyboard/Mouse
- Selectable operating modes for modifying the unit to perform as a KVM switch, a Crosspoint switch, or a Multiplex repeater.
- The KVM switch mode can be configured as a 7 to 1 KVM switch or a 3 to 1 Dual head KVM switch
- In the Crosspoint switch mode, each port can be configured as an input or output. This allows configuration for 1 input to 7 outputs,
2 x 6, 3 x 5, 4 x 4, 5 x 3, 6 x 2, or 7 inputs to
- The Multiplex repeater mode allows for a DVI signal source to be extended and distributed. The distribution can be configured for 1 DVI
video source to 7 displays, 2 x 3, or 4 DVI sources to 4 displays
- Compatible with all operating systems
- Serial and Audio options
- Rack Mounts kits available for rack mounting in a 19 / 1U rack
Rose ORS-LC08FM Application Diagram
Rose ORS-LC08FM Specifications:
|Width||4 in. (103 mm.)|
|Height||1.7 in. (4.2 mm.)|
|Depth||5.6 in. (143 mm.)|
|Weight||1.3 lbs. (0.6 kg.)|
|Resolution||Up to 1920 x 1200 @ 60Hz|
|Power||90-240 VAC, 47-63 Hz, 0.5A-+5VDC, 200mA, auto switching|
|KVM Switch||Keyboard, Push Button, Serial interface|
|Crosspoint Switch||Push Button, Serial interface|
|Operating mode selection||Dip Switch settings|
|Distance|| 400 ft (120m over CAT5) |
(AWG24 solid cable)
200 ft (70m over CATx)
(AWG26/8 stranded cable)
650 ft (200m) over multimode 62.5μ
1,300 ft (200m) over multimode 50μ
33,000 ft (10km) over multimode 9μ
|Operating Temperature||41F-113F (5C-45C)|
|Storage Temperature||-13F-140F (-25C-60C)|