The NTI PRIMUX-16X64 is the PRIMUX KVM Matrix Switch via CAT5 provides non-blocking access for up to 16 simultaneous users to up to 64 servers. The switch frees up valuable space by eliminating large KVM switchboxes and bulky hard-to-manage coax cables. It is an ideal solution for high-density server environments.
The PRIMUX system consists of three components: Matrix Switch, connects users to servers; Host Adapters, connect to each server; and User Stations, connect to each set of user-station equipment - keyboard, monitor and mouse. The User Stations and Host Adapters can be located as far as 1,000 feet from each other, and are connected to the matrix switch via CAT5/5e/6 UTP cable.
NTI PRIMUX-16X64 Features:
- Multi-user, multi-platform, multi-rack access.
- Platform-specific host adapters for host connection - PS/2, USB and SUN.
- Ideal for hazardous/unsecured environments. The User Stations can be located up to 1,000 feet from the servers.
- Inexpensive CAT5/5e/6 UTP cable replaces bulky KVM cables.
- Simple plug-and-play auto-configured installation.
- Servers are discovered as they are powered up, and can be accessed immediately by authorized users.
- Hot-swap components with no disruption of server operation.
- Supports video resolutions to 1920x1440.
- Automatically adjusts the video quality to compensate for varying lengths of CAT5/5e/6 cable.
- Dedicated microprocessors prevent CPUs from locking up, ensuring reliable control.
- Real time power status of connected servers.
- Provides connection to servers during power up at the BIOS level.
- Command and control provided by OSD of connected User Station.
- Flash upgradeable.
NTI PRIMUX-16X64 Details:
Female 15-pin HD connector.
A multiscan VGA monitor is required to display the different video outputs from different platforms.
Maximum 1024x768 video resolution at 1,000 feet; higher resolutions are supported at shorter distances.
Supports Separate and Composite TTL level sync.
- Supports the DDC2B.
- Two female USB Type A/two 6-pin miniDIN connectors.
- Supports all standard PS/2 keyboards and most USB keyboards with Windows or SUN keyboard layout.
- Keyboards and mice are hot-pluggable.
- NTI recommends using a USB SUN keyboard if there are SUN hosts being controlled.
- User keyboard and mouse must be of the same platform.
- Supports standard 2-button PS/2 mice, as well as:
- Microsoft IntelliMouseĻ.
- Logitech (and other) 3-button mice.
- Alps Glidepoint touchpad (extended functions, i.e. tapping, etc., are not supported).
- Cirque Glidepoint touchpad.
- IBM Scroll Point mouse (extended stick functions are not supported).
- Kensington Orbit trackball.
- Logitech 2-button wheel mouse.
- Microsoft Ballpoint mouse.
- USB SUN 3-button mice are supported.
- Most USB mice (up to 3 buttons), including Microsoft USB Intellimouse.
On Screen Display:
Use keyboard or mouse to operate the switch from menus superimposed onto the monitor.
Displays the platform, name, and power status of the connected servers.
Allows color skew and video compensation fine tuning for optimal video quality.
Locate and select servers by name.
Names can be up to 16 characters long.
Help Screens assist users with OSD.
Modify the size and position of the OSD.
OS- and software-independent.
Various administrator configuration features, including users, servers and user stations.
Administrator can enable or disable all security features and select which servers each user can access.
Add or remove authorized users.
Set individual user names and passwords for each user.
Modes of Operation:
Normal - a user connected to a host. Scan - user is subsequently connected to hosts from a list.
Sharing - the administrator can select for each host a sharing attribute, which defines multiple user access to the host
None (not shared) - one user is connected to the host and control it. No other user may select nor control that host.
Limited (video shared) - one user is connected to and controls the host. Other users may select and see the video output from the host, but not control the host.
Full (shared) - a host may be selected by many users; the host is still controlled by one user, but its control may be given to any other user after an inactivity timeout (share idle time).
Configuration can be done through the serial port.
Baud rate: 115200
Configuration can be done over the Internet via Telnet.
10/100 BaseT Ethernet interface.
NTI PRIMUX-16X64 Application Diagram
NTI PRIMUX-16X64 Specifications:
|Width||19 in. (7.5 cm.)|
|Height||3.5 in. (1.4 cm.)|
|Depth||12 in. (4.7 cm.)|
|Operating Temperature||32°F to 100°F (0°C to 38°C).|
|Storage Temperature||-20°F to 140°F (-30°C to 60°C).|
|Operating and Storage Relative Humidity||17 to 90% non-condensing RH.|
|Hosts||One platform specific (USB + PS/2, SUN) HA-x host adapter is required for each computer.|
|HA-SUN|| Compatible with legacy SUN computers with VGA video. |
One male 15-pin HD and one male 8-pin miniDIN connectors.
|Cables||Use CAT5, CAT5e or CAT6 UTP cable to daisy chain host adapters and user station. |
Use Cat5, Cat6e, Cat6 UTP straight through cable for TIA/EIA-568B wiring terminated with standard RJ45 connectors.
Cables not included.
|Power||110 or 220 VAC at 50 or 60 Hz via IEC connector.|
|Regulatory Approvals||CE and RoHS|