Rose UltraMatrix Remote 2 Multi-User 8-Port IP KVM (2 Remote/2 Local)
The Rose Electronics RP2-2R2X8U/2 is a 8-port, multi-user KVM Switch for use by 2 remote and 2 local users. UltraMatrix Remote 2 represents the next generation in KVM switches. It not only provides a comprehensive solution for remote server console access, this access can be local or from any workstation on your network over IP. The UltraMatrix Remote switch can easily be expanded to other KVM switches to make a seamless and truly scalable KVM matrix switch.
The powerful, advanced on-screen menu can be used to configure the unit, name the computers, and much more. When accessing a computer over your network, the Viewer application receives and displays the video and sends back keyboard and mouse data. This process allows you to access the remote computers from anywhere, locally, across your network, or around the world.
Rose UltraMatrix Remote KVM Switch Features:
- Secure connection to remote computers locally or over IP using any supported web browser and RealVNC viewer
- RealVNC viewer can be downloaded directly from the unit or RealVNC web site
- Security system with login, computer access control and data encryption using AES 128 bit encryption
- Video resolution up to 1600 x 1200
- Powerful and expandable to 1,000 computers
- 2 Local and 2 remote user ports
- Up to 4 remote users can connect to the same remote user port simultaneously. Users connected to the same remote user port share all functions
- BIOS-level access control, local or remote
- Advanced on-screen menus make configuration and computer switching easy
- Multi-lingual menu (English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, and Portuguese)
- Status screen shows current connections, computer power, plus additional information
- Supports PS/2, PS/2 wheel, USB, and Sun
- Supports HV sync, composite sync, and sync-on-green video
- Serial access for computer switching, unit configuration, flash memory upgrades and reset to factory defaults
- Flash memory technology allows for fast and reliable upgrades.
- Rack mountable chassis (1U or 2U)
Rose UltraMatrix Remote KVM Switch Diagram
|Height||1.75 in. (4.5 cm.)|
|Width||16.7 in. (42.4 cm.)|
|Depth||15.2 in. (38.6 cm.)|
|Weight||9.3 lbs. (4.2 kg.)|
|Environmental||0 - 45 °C, 5% - 80% non-condensing RH|
|Power||90-240VAC - Auto switching, 130 Watts|
|Chassis||Electro galvanized steel, black powder coated|
|Power||IEC320 standard receptacle|
|Controls||Power on/off switch|
|LEDs||Power, Select, CPU power|
Compatible Rose KVM Cables (where nnn represents length)
|Cable Part Number||Description|
|CAB-ZX0606Cnnn||UltraCable, PC to Switch, DB25M to VGA-PS/2 Keyboard + Mouse|
|CAB-CX0606Cnnn||UltraCable Hi-Res, PC to Switch, DB25M to VGA-PS/2 Keyboard + Mouse|
|CAB-C1Y0509Cnnn||UltraCable Hi-Res, PC to Switch, DB25M to VGA-AT Keyboard + Serial Mouse|
|CAB-CXV0800Cnnn||UltraCable, Sun to Switch, DB25M to VGA-Sun Keyboard + Mouse|
|CAB-SCX0800Cnnn||UltraCable Hi-Res, Sun to Switch, DB25M to 13W3-Sun Keyboard + Mouse|
|CAB-CXUSBCnnn||UltraCable Hi-Res, USB to Switch, DB25M to VGA-USB Keyboard + Mouse|
|CAB-R3W30606Cnnn||UltraCable Hi-Res, RS6000 to Switch, DB25M to 3W3M-PS/2 Keyboard + Mouse|
|CAB-R13W30606Cnnn||UltraCable Hi-Res, RS6000 to Switch, DB25M to 13W3M-PS/2 Keyboard + Mouse|
|CAB-S13W30606Cnnn||UltraCable Hi-Res, SGI to Switch, DB25M to 13W3M-PS/2 Keyboard + Mouse|
|CAB-RGBHV0606Cnnn||UltraCable Hi-Res, PC to Switch, DB25M to RGBHV-PS/2 Keyboard + Mouse|
|CAB-ZX0606Mnnn||UltraCable, Switch to kvm, DB25M to VGA-PS/2 Keyboard + Mouse|
|CAB-CX0606Mnnn||UltraCable Hi-Res, Switch to kvm, DB25M to VGA-PS/2 Keyboard + Mouse|
|CAB-R3W30606Mnnn||UltraCable Hi-Res, Switch to RS6000 kvm, DB25M to 3W3F-PS/2 Keyboard + Mouse|
|CAB-R13W30606Mnnn||UltraCable Hi-Res, Switch to RS6000 kvm, DB25M to 13W3F-PS/2 Keyboard + Mouse|
|CAB-S13W30606Mnnn||UltraCable Hi-Res, Switch to SGI kvm, DB25M to 13W3F-PS/2 Keyboard + Mouse|
|CAB-RGBHV0606Mnnn||UltraCable Hi-Res, Switch to RGB kvm, DB25M to RGBVH-PS/2 Keyboard + Mouse|
|CAB-USDTD9FCnnn||Cable, Serial DTE Equipment to Switch, DB25M to DB9F|
|CAB-USDCD9MCnnn||Cable, Serial DCE Equipment to Switch, DB25M to DB9M|
|CAB-USDTD25FCnnn||Cable, Serial DTE equipment to Switch, DB25M to DB25F|
|CAB-USDCD25MCnnn||Cable, Serial DCE equipment to Switch, DB25M to DB25M|
|CAB-USSNMD8MCnnn||Cable, Serial Sun to Switch, DB25M to MD8M|
|CAB-CXUMXnnn||Cable, Bus Expansion Cable (Molded version)|
|CAB-CXUMHnnn||Cable, Bus Expansion Cable|
Answer: Thank you for your inquiry. For the greatest flexibility, this KVM does not come with KVM cables. We have added a table of compatible KVM cables to the bottom of the page and a link to the Rose KVM Cable page on the right side.
The package continents include:
- The UltraMatrix Remote 2 unit
- Rackmount Kit
- Power cord (North American shipments only)
- RJ12 serial cable
- RJ to DB9 adapter
- Installation and operations manual, DataSheet, and QuickStart guide on CD
Question: Is it possible to work with multiple IP connections at the same time (on different servers)? And is it possible to open two browser windows and work on two servers?
Answer: Thank you for your inquiry,
It is possible to have multiple concurrent users / multiple browser windows open with different devices, using a multi user KVM Over IP switch.
For connecting to multiple devices concurrently, please see the KVM Over IP page and choose the category based on the amount of concurrent users you would need.
Alternatively you can also have concurrent access to a single computer using a KVM over IP Gateway.
If you would like a recommendation based on your setup, please feel free to contact your KVM Switches Online sales representative directly at 1-877-586-6654, at email@example.com, or via our online Chat functionality.