The Avocent Cybex SwitchView SC220-001 is a 1x2 KVM Switch with CAC reader support intrusion detection. The SwitchView SC200 switch allows desktop IT administrators to deploy a single CAC reader that will switch to all computers connected to the switch. (CAC support is required for all government employees attempting to log in to government systems and is specified in the Homeland Security Presidential Directive 12 [HSPD12].)
This KVM Switch includes three layers of tamper-proof hardware security to enhance security at the desktop. In addition, SwitchView SC200 switch ensures that only USB human interface devices (HIDs) function on target computers by constantly monitoring all devices attached to the console ports. This KVM switch ignores communication from non-HIDs (such as flash drives, hard disk drives, cameras and printers) when switching data to the target. In situations where the only USB port(s) for HIDs are enabled on the target computer, the SwitchView SC switch will not introduce security vulnerabilities. The SwitchView SC200 switch offers flexible connectivity with support for USB and/or PS/2 peripherals and target computers.
Avocent SwitchView SC Features & Benefits:
- CAC support. USB Common Access Card (CAC) readers
- Software security: U.S designed firmware allows only keyboard and mouse human interface devices (HID) to switch to the target computers. Devices that can be considered unsecure such as flash drives or other mass storage devices, cameras and all other USB devices are strictly prohibited by the switch firmware
- Three layers of hardware security:
- Tamper-evident tape: A visual indication of an attempt to gain access to the internal components of the switch
- Chassis intrusion detection: Prevents malicious tampering with the unit. If the cover is removed from the switch, the switch becomes inoperable and the LEDs flash
- Locked memory: Prevents tampering and reprogramming of the firmware
- Secure channels. Two to eight fully secure channels
- Clears buffer. Automatically clears the keyboard buffer immediately after data is transmitted through the switch, so no data is ever left in the switch.
- Certification. NIAP Validation to EAL4+
- User: Includes USB and/or PS/2 peripheral and target computer support for seamless desktop transition. USB CAC reader support. Provides VGA video resolution up to 2048x1536 @ 85Hz
Avocent SwitchView SC 200 Series Application Diagram
Avocent SC220 Specifications::
|Height||1.72 in. (4.37 cm.)|
|Width||10.36 in. (26.31 cm.)|
|Depth||5.68 in. (14.43 cm.)|
|Weight||2.3 lbs. (1 kg.)|
|Operating Temperature||32˚ to 104˚ F (0˚ to 40˚C)|
|Storage Temperature||4˚ to 122˚ F (-20˚ to 50˚C)|
|Power Frequency||50-60 HZ|
|Computers||IBM, Sun, PC/AT, USB, PS/2 and 100% compatibles|
|Monitor||VGA, SVGA, XGA, SXGA, UXGA, WVGA, WSVGA, WXGA, WSXGA, WUXGA, and HDTV. Maximum Resolution: 2048x1536@85Hz|
|Peripherals||USB and/or PS/2 keyboard, USB and/or PS/2 mouse|
|Approved Agency||CE, UL 60950-1, CSA C22.2 No 60950-1, EN60950 |
FCC Part 15 Class B, EN55022 Class B, EN55024, 61000-3-2, 61000-3-3, VCCI Class B, Ctick, CISPR22, ICES-003, PENDING NIAP Common Criteria EAL4+
Answer: This product is not designed to be a user station, but a 2-port KVM switch.
Are you trying to extend the local user port on the 32 port switch a remote distance? If so, you could consider an extension solution https://www.kvm-switches-online.com/kvm-extenders.html.
Please give us a call at 1-877-586-6654 to discuss your project and we will help you determine the best solution.