2-Port Single-head Secure DP KVM Switch with KB/Mouse USB emulation
SDPN-2S: Ultra-Secure KVM Switching
The SDPN-2S is a 2-port, single-head DisplayPort Secure KVM switch with support for 4K (3840×2160 @ 30Hz) resolution video.The SDPN-2S allows users to control KVM (Keyboard, Video and Mouse) operation on up to four computers with DisplayPort monitors. It features mechanical, electrical and optical signal isolation to prevent hacking and data leakage in environments where security is paramount.
With the SDPN-2S, all data relays are controlled by inverted signals, shielding connections from outside intrusion by forcing them each to work one at a time. Each port uses its own isolated data channel and each unit features non-reprogrammable ROM to better protect the switch's functions. Better yet, the SDPN-2S offers the highest security when accessing classified and public networks over the internet through these isolated connections. By isolating connections between networks, the SDPN-2S ensures no data is leaked between secure ports and the outside world.
The SDPN-2S has clearly marked front-panel buttons for controlling the device, so securely switching between sources is always simple. For high-grade secure switching made easy, look no further than the SDPN-2S.
SDPN-2S Application Diagram
- Supports Windows, Mac and Linux OS
- Single-head DP video interface.
- 4K Ultra-HD resolution - supports up to 3840×2160 pixels @ 30Hz
- Supports Balanced speakers output and switching
- Front panel tactile buttons with LED indicator
- Secure Keyboard & Mouse Emulation
- Secure EDID Learn And Video Emulation
- External power supply - Level VI efficiency
- Non-reprogrammable ROM
- Active Anti-tamper switches
- Long-life internal Anti-tampering battery
- External tamper-evident seals
- Keyboard, Mouse and Video emulation
- Absolute isolation - No data leakage between ports
- Certified by NIAP, the latest Common
- Criteria (Protection Profile for Peripheral Sharing Switch Version 3.0)
SDPN-2S Package Includes
- 1 x 2-Port SH DP Secure KVM w/ Audio, PP 3.0
- 1 x PS12V2A power supply
- Cables not included:
- Per target system: 1 x DP cable, 1 x USB Type-A to Type-B cable, 1 x 3.5mm Stereo audio cable
SmartAVI SDPN-2S Specifications
|Input Interface||(2) DP|
|Output Interface||(1) DP|
|Resolution||Up to 4K (3840 x 2160 @ 30Hz)|
|DDC||5 volts p-p (TTL)|
|Input Cable Length||Up to 20 ft.|
|Output Cable Length||Up to 20 ft.|
|Input Interface||(2) USB Type-B|
|Output||(2) USB 1.1 Type A for KM Devices|
|Emulation||Keyboard & Mouse|
|Audio Input||(2) 3.5mm stereo audio|
|Audio Output||(1) 3.5mm stereo audio|
|Front Panel||Front panel SELECT buttons|
|Power||External 100-240 VAC/12VDC2A @ 24W|
|Dimensions||8.8" W x 2.63" H x 6.69" D|
|Approvals||NIAPP PP 3.0, UL, CE, ROHS Compliant|
|Operating Temp.||+32 to +104°F (0 to +40°C)|
|Storage Temp.||-4 to 140°F (-20 to +60°C)|
|Humidity||Up to 80% (No Condensation)|
Answer: Thank you for your inquiry,
You could indeed use a secure KVM switch such as this SDPN-2S as a KM switch by not plugging in the monitor connections.
Here are a couple of notes regarding your application:
1) VDT (switching using your mouse cursor) is currently only be available on some KM switches such as the SmartAVI SKM series or Adder Command & Control (CCS) series
2) "File transfer supported": NIAP EAL+4 security certification requires secure KVM switches to limit USB ports to user interaction and authentication devices for security reasons. Devices such as USB storage drives, are actively prohibited. A regular KM / KVM switch with USB hub port(s) would let you switch USB storage drives between source computers.
3) "Copy-paste support": Regular in-OS "Copy-paste" is supported. "Copy-paste" between different sources is not supported for the same reason as 2). KVM Over IP Switches, in example, would support "Copy-paste" across different sources, but can not be certified EAL+4.
4) Switching time: A DVI or HDMI KVM, such as the SDVN-2S (DVI-I version) would switch a bit faster than SDPN-2S. DisplayPort KVMs generally have slower switching speed due to video emulation limitations.
Please feel free to give your KVM Switches Online sales representative a call, we would be happy to help you find the ideal solution for your application!