4-Port Dual-head Secure DP KVM Switch with KB/Mouse USB emulation
SDPN-4D: Ultra-Secure KVM Switching
The SDPN-2D is a 4-port, dual-head DisplayPort Secure KVM switch with support for 4K (3840×2160 @ 30Hz) resolution video.The SDPN-4D allows users to control KVM (Keyboard, Video and Mouse) operation on up to four computers with DisplayPort monitors. It features mechanical, electrical and optical signal isolation to prevent hacking and data leakage in environments where security is paramount.
With the SDPN-4D, all data relays are controlled by inverted signals, shielding connections from outside intrusion by forcing them each to work one at a time. Each port uses its own isolated data channel and each unit features non-reprogrammable ROM to better protect the switch's functions. Better yet, the SDPN-4D offers the highest security when accessing classified and public networks over the internet through these isolated connections. By isolating connections between networks, the SDPN-4D ensures no data is leaked between secure ports and the outside world.
The SDPN-4D has clearly marked front-panel buttons for controlling the device, so securely switching between sources is always simple. For high-grade secure switching made easy, look no further than the SDPN-4D.
SDPN-4D Application Diagram
- Supports Windows, Mac and Linux OS
- Dual-head DisplayPort to DisplayPort interface.
- Video interface supports up to 4K (3840×2160 pixels @ 30Hz)
- Supports Balanced speakers output and switching
- Front panel tactile buttons with LED indicator
- Secure Keyboard & Mouse Emulation
- Secure EDID Learn And Video Emulation
- External power supply - Level VI efficiency
- Non-reprogrammable ROM
- Active Anti-tamper switches
- Long-life internal Anti-tampering battery
- External tamper-evident seals
- Keyboard, Mouse and Video emulation
- Absolute isolation - No data leakage between ports
- Certified by NIAP, the latest Common
- Criteria (Protection Profile for Peripheral Sharing Switch Version 3.0)
SDPN-4D Package Includes
- 1 x 4-Port DH DP Secure KVM w/ Audio, PP 3.0
- 1 x PS12V2A power supply
- Cables not included:
- Per target system: 1 x DP cable, 1 x USB Type-A to Type-B cable, 1 x 3.5mm Stereo audio cable
SmartAVI SDPN-4D Specifications
|Input Interface||(8) DP|
|Output Interface||(2) DP|
|Resolution||Up to 4K (3840 x 2160 @ 30Hz)|
|DDC||5 volts p-p (TTL)|
|Input Cable Length||Up to 20 ft.|
|Output Cable Length||Up to 20 ft.|
|Input Interface||(4) USB Type-B|
|Output||(2) USB 1.1 Type A for KM Devices|
|Emulation||Keyboard & Mouse|
|Audio Input||(2) 3.5mm stereo audio|
|Audio Output||(1) 3.5mm stereo audio|
|Front Panel||Front panel SELECT buttons|
|Power||External 100-240 VAC/12VDC2A @ 24W|
|Dimensions||12.57" W x 2.7" H x 6.69" D|
|Approvals||NIAPP PP 3.0, UL, CE, ROHS Compliant|
|Operating Temp.||+32 to +104°F (0 to +40°C)|
|Storage Temp.||-4 to 140°F (-20 to +60°C)|
|Humidity||Up to 80% (No Condensation)|
Answer: Thank you for your inquiry,
The SDPN-4D would indeed work with a desktop PC with HDMI and DVI by adapting the outputs to DisplayPort using video adapters.
Are you looking for a secure KVM switch? NIAP certified secure KVM switches, like thid SDPN-4D, filter out any non standard USB HID signals by design for security reasons. NIAP certified secure KVMs require wired keyboard and mouse - Bluetooth keyboard and mouse wouldn't work.
If security certification doesn't matter, you may want to consider the SmartAVI DPN-4DUO-S (or the HDMI version - SmartAVI DPN-4DUO-S) which would support Bluetooth keyboard and mouse (note, through one of the USB hub ports, not through the keyboard / mouse ports).
We haven't heard of any issues of using a docking station with SmartAVI DPN or UHDN KVM switches. Assuming the docking station doesn't re-route signal (aka it has transparent pass trough), you shouldn't experience any issues.
For a product recommendation based on your environment, please feel free to contact your KVM Switches Online sales representative directly.