The NTI SERIMUX¨ SE-RS-16 is a 16 port Console Serial Port Switch which gives IT managers the ability to manage serial devices, including servers, switches, routers, and telecom gear. This 16 port switch is controlled via an ASCII terminal with menu-driven integrated software, or by the front panel keypad.
NTI Console Switch Features:
- Eliminates the need to connect each device to an ASCII terminal or PC.
- Connect up to 16 devices with different baud rates, parity, and character length. Each switch also has one RJ45 connector for the local terminal.
- Provides out-of-band access to network devices (servers, routers, network switches, and any other network devices allowing console operation using RS232).
- No inadvertent "break" signals are generated to cause unintentional rebooting of SUN computers.
- Available with an optional 48V DC-DC power converter for telecom environments. (PWR-48V-12V1,6A DC-DC power converter sold separately)
- Connects to console serial ports using standard CAT5/5e/6 cables and cable adapters. Maximum cable length is 100 feet.
- Two operator levels (administrator and user).
- Switching is simplified with programmable device names and menu-driven device selection
- Built-in data buffers save the most RS232 console output from each connected device, which simplifies troubleshooting failures.
- Local commands can be directed via VT52, VT100, ANSI serial console, a PC with a terminal emulation program, or any compliant terminal.
- The Switch can be power cycled without halting SUN host computer.
- Gain access to servers without interrupting service to end-users; maintain optimal up-time.
- Manage server farms or data centers via serial ports and standard external modems.
- 1RU rackmount case is standard.
- Included Adapters:
- DB-25F to RJ45 console adapter
- DB-9F to RJ45 console adapter
- DB-25M to RJ45 console adapter
- DB-25M to RJ45 modem adapter
NTI Console Serial Port Switch Application Diagram
- Front panel keypad.
- Menu-driven integrated software via dumb terminal.
- Administrative Controls:
- View any port mode.
- View and/or modify user passwords and parameters.
- Connect or disconnect port connections.
- Change/disconnect users, administrators, passwords, etc.
- Initiate modem connection to local ports.
- Inspect buffered data.
NTI SE-RS-16 Specifications:
|Height||1.75 in. (4.45 cm.)|
|Width||19 in. (48 cm.)|
|Depth||10 in. (25 cm.)|
|Operating Temperature||32°F - 100°F (0°C - 38°C)|
|Storage Temperature||-20°F - 140°F (-30°C - 60°C)|
|Relative Humidity||17 - 90% non-condensing RH|
|Input Voltage||AC 100 - 240V, 50 - 60Hz|
|Serial device connection||male RJ45 connectors to serial controlled device|
|Control console connection||male RJ45 connector to dumb terminal|
|Connectors||RJ45 connectors, DTE configuration via RS232|
|Ports||RS232 ports, plus one console port|
|Flow control||Hardware (RTS/CTS), Software (XON, XOFF), both or none|
|Data transfer rate||50 baud to 128K baud (Effective transfer rate > 10K baud)|