8-Port Console Serial Switch w/ Dual Power
For upgrade or replacement options: Contact Us
The SERIMUX-CS-8DP Console Switch gives IT managers the ability to cost effectively manage serial devices, including servers, switches, routers, and telecom gear. The switch can be controlled via an ASCII terminal with menu-driven integrated software or the front panel keypad
- Eliminates the need to connect each device to an ASCII terminal or PC.
- Connect up to 8 devices with different baud rates, parity, and character length. Each switch also has one RJ45 connector for a local terminal.
- Provides out-of-band access to network devices (servers, routers, network switches, and any other network devices allowing console operation using RS232).
- Power cycle without halting SUN host computer.
- Dual power creates a redundant power system protecting the console switch from any power failure issues.
- No inadvertent "break" signals are generated to cause unintentional rebooting of SUN computers.
- High quality, rugged steel construction with durable powder coat finish.
- Command Line Interface via Telnet for advanced management functions.
- Connects to console serial ports using standard CAT5/5e/6 cables and cable adapters.
- Maximum cable length is 100 feet (30 meters).
- Two operator levels (administrator and user).
- Switching is simplified with programmable device names and menu-driven device selection.
- All configuration parameters are stored in non-volatile EEPROM.
- Built-in data buffers save the most recent RS232 console output from each connected device, which simplifies troubleshooting failures.
- Local commands can be directed via VT52, VT100, ANSI serial console, a PC with a terminal emulation program, or any compliant terminal.
- Gain access to servers without interrupting service to end-users; maintain optimal up-time.
- Manage server farms or data centers via serial ports and standard external modems.
- 1U rackmount case is standard.
|Compatibility||Supports most devices with an RS232 serial port.|
|Serial Interface||8 RJ45 EIA-232 serial port connectors.|
One RJ45 EIA-232 console port connector.
Flow control: Hardware (RTS/CTS), Software (XON, XOFF), both or none.
Signals: TXD, RXD, DSR, DTR, CTS, RTS, DCD
Data transfer rate: up to 115.2K baud between two ports.
Two ports can be at different baud rates.
|Power||Input Voltage: AC 100 - 240V, 50 - 60 Hz|
Dual Power Input
|Adapters||Four cable adapters are included with the SERIMUX.|
DB-25F to RJ45 console adapter.
DB-9F to RJ45 console adapter.
DB-25M to RJ45 console adapter.
DB-25M to RJ45 modem adapter.
|Enviromental||Operating temperature: 32 - 100°F (0 - 38°C).|
Storage temperature: -20 - 140°F (-30 - 60°C).
Operating and Storage Relative Humidity: 17 - 90% non-condensing RH.
|Regulatory Approvals||CE, RoHS|