The SPLITMUX-HD-2LC Low-Cost HDMI Dual Screen Splitter/Multiviewer allows you to simultaneously display real-time HDMI/DVI video from two different sources on a single monitor. It is capable of displaying the video sources in dual, PiP or full screen mode.
- Dual, Picture in Picture, and Full Screen display modes.
- Supported resolutions:
- Inputs: HTDV resolutions to 1080p and computer resolutions to 1920x1200.
- Output: 1080p, 1080i, 720p, 1024x768, 1360x768.
- Independent video in to video out resolution.
- HDMI features supported:
- Inputs: 24-, 30-, and 36-bit xvYCC, sRGB, and YCbCr.
- Outputs: 24- and 30-bit sRGB.
- Two-channel non-mixing stereo with PCM2, 5.1, 7.1 channels, Dolby 5.1, and DTS 5.1 audio.
- Bandwidth up to 225 MHz (6.75 Gbps).
- Inputs: 2.25 Gbps
- Output: 2.0625 Gbps
- Fluid real-time video performance with 60 frames per second (fps).
- Switch audio independently of video from connected HDMI sources in Dual mode.
- Any DVI source or display can be connected by using the DVI-HD-xx-MM cable (not included).
- Use the front panel buttons to locally change ports, select a display mode, or change resolutions.
- Built-in default EDID table.
|Inputs||Two female HDMI connectors.|
Supports digital HDMI devices, such as DVD/Blu-ray players, satellite receivers, and HDTV tuners.
A DVI source can be connected by using the DVI-HD-xx-MM cable (not included). The cable does not pass audio to the multiviewer.
|Outputs||One female HDMI connector for local display.|
Output resolutions: 1080p, 1080i, 720p, 1024x768, 1360x768.
|Power||100 to 240 VAC at 50 or 60 Hz via AC adapter.|
Power consumption: 10W.
|Dimensions||WxDxH (in): 5.51x2.76x0.98 (140x70x25 mm)|
|Enviromental||Operating temperature: 32 to 104°F (0 to 40°C).|
Storage temperature: -4 to 140°F (-20 to 60°C).
Operating and storage relative humidity: 20 to 90% non-condensing RH.
|Regulatroy Approvals||CE, FCC, RoHS|
|Package Includes||One HDMI multiviewer|
One power supply
Wall mount brackets with screws
Answer: Thank you for your inquiry. You can find our complete policies here.
Question: Does this unit support custom computer (input) resolutions that would allow the side-by-side display to fill the screen without distortion? IE: 2 computers in running 960x1080 combined on a 1080p output.
Answer: Thank you for your inquiry,
The video sources can be stretched or set to retain their aspect ratio (to eliminate distortion) in 'dual mode'.
"In dual mode, the screen is split into two fields of equal size displaying the entire contents of two different video sources side-by-side."
Question: Can it split the screen top and bottom instead of side to side? or do you have a product that does top to bottom? Thank you
Answer: Thank you for your inquiry,
The Spitmux-HD-2LC only has side-by-side split screen option.
A possible solution for you is a traditional 2 port HDMI splitter + the NTI Splitmux-HD-4RT. Splitmux-HD-4RT custom mode can show 2 inputs one above the other. Each input can be moved to its own position and the images can be stretched to fill up more of the screen area. Black area around the images will be shown unless you stretch each image to the full width of the monitor. Stretching the image will make each image appear squashed in height compared to normal aspect ratios.
A lot of traditional digital signage solutions i.e. the SmartAVI AP-SNCL-V4GS also let you accomplish this via templates which allow users to create and assign regions on a screen similarly to the solution above.
Another possible solution is the Quad version of this Splitmux-HD-2LC, the NTI Splitmux-HD-4LC unit (we don't have online yet but we do sell it), but this solution would cut also off part of the screen. It can show a top / bottom split screen, but this is actually quad mode (mode 9). Ports 2 and 3 are placed in the center of the screen with port 2 above port 3. Port 1 is on the left and port 4 is on the right. They each occupy 1/4 of screen width and full screen height. This area will be black if no source is connected to port 1 or 4.