The SmartView Multiscreen SVMS2DVI-DUAL DVI Video Switch is an advanced DVI KVM switch that enables two computers to be controlled by a shared keyboard, mouse and DVI (Digital Visual Interface) display system. The SVMS2DVI-DUAL enables a keyboard, mouse and 2 DVI monitors to control 2 computers. Each computer may supply two DVI signals and the display system may consist of up to two separate DVI monitors or a single very high resolution DVI display being fed by several DVI signals.
The SVMS2DVI-DUAL supports the Digital Video Interface which ensures pixel perfect display accuracy and superb quality crystal clear video pictures. The ability to drive multiple monitors or feed multiple DVI links to very high resolution monitors makes the Multiscreen DVI suitable for a wide range of diverse applications from banking and security to geographic mapping and medical imaging.
The SmartView Multiscreen supports standard PC style (PS/2) keyboard and mouse connections. Adder's CCUSB and CCSUN cables may be used to connect the switch to computers with USB or Sun (8 pin round) keyboard and mouse connectors. The Multiscreen DVI may be synchronized with other Adder analogue, DVI and Multiscreen products to support applications that require synchronous switching of large numbers of video channels.
Adder SVMS2DVI-DUAL Features:
- Exact pixel to pixel digital video transfer
- Supports maximum DVI bandwidth and 1600x1200 pixels per DVI link
- Multiple DVI links may be fed to a single monitor to support resolutions up to 3200 x 2400 x 60 Hz
- Supports all common operating systems
- Channel selection via hot keys, mouse, front panel key, RS232 or optional remote control
- Flash upgradeability ensures future upgrade path
- May be synchronized with other Adder analogue, DVI and Multiscreen products for advanced switching requirements
- User selectable password protection.
- Autoscan of all or active ports with selectable dwell times.
- Screen saver feature with selectable "kick in" time.
- User selectable keyboard hotkey combinations.
- Video may be disabled (channel zero selection).
- Ability to cycle between computers using hotkeys plus TAB.
Adder SVMS2DVI-DUAL Specifications:
|4 in. (105 mm.)
|10.2 in. (260 mm.)
|6 in. (155 mm.)
|Draws its power from the attached computers
|Keyboard & Mouse
|6 pin mini-DIN female
|DC power connector
|Provided for video-only
|15-way standard D-type connector with proprietary pin allocation
|Front panel key
|For computer selection
|Shows selected computer and keyboard/mouse activity
|Optional remote controller
|Connects to rear
|Reset & Option switches
|Computers may be selected using the front panel key, keyboard hotkeys, a three button mouse or wheel mouse, RS232 data commands or the optional remote controller.
|The keyboard, mouse and all the video heads are switched together so that the keyboard and mouse are controlling the computer whose video is currently displayed on the monitors.
|SmartView Multiscreen DVI may be linked together via their options ports to provide synchronized switching
|PS/2 or AT style keyboards supported
|supports 2 and 3 button mice and most wheel and scroll mice including the Microsoft IntelliMouse and IntelliMouse Explorer
|Two or four single-link DVI ports operating up to 165MHz the full DVI Specification, VESA DDC2B signaling supported.
|Flash upgradeable to support new devices by connecting a computer's serial port to the options port and running a download program.
|Software independent operation ensures very wide compatibility that includes Windows 3.X, WFWG, 95, 98, 2000, NT, ME, XP, DOS, Unix, Linux, NetWare, OS/2 and BSD
|Hardware compatible with desktop and laptop PCs, RS6000, SGI and DEC Alphas.
|Optional remote controller (sold separately)
|Plugs into the options port at the rear of the SmartView MultiScreen DVI. Duplicates the SmartView MultiScreen DVI's front panel key and numerical display
|Complies with European EMC directive 89/336/EEC. CE marked. FCC class A compliant.