Paragon® UMT2161 features Entry-Level Pricing for Small to Mid Sized Business'
The Raritan Paragon 2-user, 16-port Matrix Switching Unit (UMT2161-RK) brings Paragon Power and Cat5 Simplicity™ to small to mid-sized server rooms, at an entry level price.
Local User Port for Rack Access
The Raritan Paragon UMT2161-RK Matrix Switching Unit is the first Paragon model to feature a local KVM user port for access via PS/2 or Sun keyboard right at the server rack; plus, one Cat5 user port allows convenient access up to 1,000 feet away from the rack. Offering totally non-blocked access, the UMT2161 enables two users to control up to 16 multi-platform servers simultaneously. The new unit also provides server administrators with convenient access points at the rack, in the NOC or at their desktop. The UMT2161 is available in a small, rack-mountable 1U form factor and is easily expandable to support additional servers and users.
The Raritan Paragon UMT2161-RK Matrix Switching Unit supports the same Paragon User Station, CIMs and on-screen user interface as the current 32, 42 and 64-port models, so that the user can scale up seamlessly using all Paragon models. It also supports all Paragon Ready™ products for management of all data center devices via the powerful Paragon user interface, including other Raritan switches including the innovative Z-Series™ and products of other major vendors such as the IBMx330™.
The Raritan Paragon UMT242-RK is a scalable, multi-platform, Cat5-based server management system with an impressive array of innovations that set it apart from traditional KVM switches. A flexible, high performance stand-alone KVM solution, its high port-density, Category 5 UTP connections, multi-platform compatibility and thin form factor also make it ideal for tiered configurations that will enable economical, secure, non-blocked multi-user access to 10,000 servers up to 1,000 feet from up to 64 users.
Innovative modular architecture
The Raritan Paragon UMT242-RK distributes switching and control functions across three modular, intelligent building blocks. Distributing KVM switching functions satisfies the most challenging server management requirements: meeting space, distance and capacity needs; eliminating any single point of failure; supporting scalable growth; and reducing total cost of ownership.
A Paragon system consists of the following components, all connected using enhanced Category 5 UTP cable:
- Matrix Switching Unit--an intelligent, non-blocking control center that connects users to selected computers. It includes RJ45 jacks for connecting up to 2 User Stations and up to 42 Computer Interface Modules (CIMs).
- User Station--connects each user console (PS/2 or Sun keyboard, mouse, and monitor) to the Matrix Switching Unit and provides user interface to computers.
- Computer Interface Module (CIM)--connects each computer to the Matrix Switching Unit and provides dedicated, keep-alive keyboard/mouse emulation and fail-safe KVM access.
- 1U design supports 2 users, up to 42 servers
- Expand to 16 users with Raritan's UKVMP2 or CIMPAC8R
- Expand to 32 users with Raritan's HUBPAC8R
- Expand to 10,000 servers
- 19" rack mounting brackets
- Locate users and computers up to 1,000 feet apart
- Simple plug and play, auto-configure installation
- Hot-swappable components
- Platform-specific CIMs for PS/2, Sun, USB, serial devices
- User Station supports both PS/2 and Sun keyboards
- Supports high-resolution video--to 1600 x 1200
- Powerful on-screen user interface for simple operation
- Customized user profiles -- up to 512*
- Flexible, multi-level security for authorized server access
- Three system operation modes:
Private mode--exclusive user control of selected computer
PublicView mode--users can share video of selected computer
PC-Share mode--users can share operation of selected computer
- Flash firmware upgrades
- User Station supports access to local PC via UKVMSPD
- Add remote access over IP or modem with Raritan's TeleReach
- Seamless compatibility with Paragon Ready™ products such as Raritan's MasterConsole® MXU2 and Z-Series™ Z4200U and IBMx330 with C2T technology