The NTI UNIMUX-USBV-4HD is a 4 Port High Density VGA USB KVM Switch.
The UNIMUX High Density VGA USB KVM Switch allows a user to control up to 32 USB computers with one USB keyboard, USB mouse and VGA monitor. Dedicated internal microprocessors emulate keyboard and mouse presence to each attached CPU 100% of the time so all computers boot error-free.
NTI UNIMUX-USBV-4HD Features:
- The High Density Switch saves rack space
- 4-, 8- and 16-port switches are 1RU in height.
- 32-port switch is 2RU in height.
- Rackmount kit included.
- Features NTI's patented true autoboot USB switching - all attached computers can be booted simultaneously.
- Compatible with USB computers (PC, SUN and MAC).
- Crisp and clear 1920x1200 video resolution.
- Equipped with OSD, RS232, and Ethernet.
- High quality steel construction.
- Cascade UNIMUX switches off a single master switch to control up to 1,024 computers as if from one switch.
- Flash upgradeable.
- Cabling runs are simplified with NTI's high density KVM switch cables.
- Optional support for a USB 2.0 (low/full speed) device, in addition to keyboard and mouse, such as a touch screen monitor, interactive whiteboard, or CAC card reader.
- Optional extender port for locating a remote user up to 300 feet via CAT5/5e/6 cable.
- Only one user can be active at a time.
- Locked out user must wait five seconds after last keystroke or mouse movement from active user.
- For switches with the additional USB port option, the remote user does not have access to the extra USB device.
NTI UNIMUX-USBV-4HD Application Diagram
NTI UNIMUX-USBV-4HD Specifications:
|Width||16.7 in. (42.4 cm.)|
|Height||1.75 in. (4.45 cm.)|
|Depth||6.8 in. (17.3 cm.)|
|Video Connectors||female 15HD-black|
|Video Resolution||1900x1200 (max.)|
|Video Support||SVGA, XGA, VGA, most DVI monitors (when used with NTI DVIF-15HDM adapter)|
|Video Bandwidth||150 MHz|
|USER Keyboard/Mouse connectors||female USB Type A|
|Mouse and Keyboard Compatibility||most USB mice and keyboards|
|CPU connectors||female 15HD-yellow (high density)|
|CPUs supported||Windows USB, SUN USB, MAC USB|
|RS232 Connector||female RJ45|
|Power required||110 or 220 VAC @ 50-60 Hz at less than 25 watts|
|Fuse Protection||2A, 240 VAC|
|Operating Temperature||32°F to 100°F (0°C to 38°C)|
|Storage Temperature||-20°F to 140°F (-30°C to 60°C)|
|Operating & Storage Relative Humidity||17 to 90% non-condensing RH.|
|Regulatory approval||CE, ROHS|
NTI UNIMUX-USBV-4HD Control Methods:
Front Panel Interface
- Touch a button and be connected to a computer or change modes of operation.
- LEDs indicate currently selected port and mode of operation.
- Female RJ45 connector.
- Baud rate 1200 to 115200.
- Address up to 15 units, all of which can be daisy-chained and controlled by one serial port.
- CS - connects output with specific input.
- RO - reads what input is connected to output.
- RU - reads size of switch.
- Female RJ45 connector.
- 10/100 BaseT Ethernet interface.
- Supported protocol: Telnet.
- Control can be done over Telnet.
- Commands are similar to RS232 commands.
- The telnet server listens on port 2005 (configurable).
- Port 2005 is intended for a software control type session.
- Scan, Broadcast, or Command Modes are available from the keyboard.
- Use the keyboard to command the switch box to select ports or configure the SCAN delay.
On Screen Display (OSD)
- Select computers by name with the On Screen Display (OSD).
- Use keyboard or mouse to operate the switch from menus superimposed onto the monitor.
- Shows names of computers on cascaded switches up to 1024 ports.
- Names can be up to 12 characters long.
- Power status of each computer is displayed.
- View usage statistics - power-on cycles and hours of usage.
- Helps screens assists users with the OSD.
- Modify the size and position of the OSD.
- OSD is built into the switch-no need to install additional hardware or software.
- OS and software-independent.
- Advanced security included.
- Each user password can be up to 15 characters long, and each switch can store up to 63 users.
- Administrator can enable or disable all security features and select which computers each user can access.
- Once security is enabled, a user or administrator must login in order to access any of the computers connected to the switch.