The NTI XTENDEX USB IP Extender (USB-IP) allows five USB peripheral devices to be connected anywhere on a wired or wireless LAN, while eliminating the need for locally-attached host PCs. Software drivers are loaded onto a host PC or server, enabling remote devices to communicate with the host, without changing existing application software. USB peripheral devices can be centrally managed and monitored from a remote server or PC via an IP address.
The NTI USB IP Extender (USB-IP) is ideal for retailers--relocating the host PC to a back office or other remote location allows for smaller point-of-sale stations, centralized management, reduced IT support and instant system redundancy. Kiosk, ATM or pay-at-the-pump manufacturers can eliminate the PC inside the enclosure, reducing concerns of extreme changes in temperature or humidity. The NTI USB IP Extender (USB-IP) unit is also useful for restaurant kitchens, access control systems, industrial automation or any environment that is volatile, not secure or where having an onsite PC is not practical.
NTI USB IP Extender (USB-IP)
- Extends USB cabling distance beyond five meters.
- Creates systems redundancy and increases security since host PC can be located in a remote location.
- Access and monitor devices over a TCP/IP connection.
- Simplifies operations and reduces IT support.
- Supports true plug-and-play functionality.
- Remote configuration utility.
- Field-upgradeable software and firmware.
- One static (fixed) IP address per unit.
- LEDs for system and device status.
- USB 1.0, 1.1, 2.0 compatible.
- Up to eight USB-IP units supported per server.
- Two Open Host Controller Interface (OHCI) controllers.
|Local USB Devices|
|Type of Connection||Five female USB Type A connectors.|
|Compatibility||Compatible with bulk or interrupt type USB devices.|
|USB 1.0, 1.1, 2.0 compatible (USB 2.0 devices operate at 12Mbps)|
|Devices||Bar-code scanners, printers, fingerprint scanners, mice, pole displays, card readers and more.|
|Processing||Data rates up to 12Mbps per USB port.|
|500mA downstream power per device.|
|Remote Compatibility||Compatible with PCs (Windows 2000/NT/XP).|
|Local Area Network (LAN) Connection||RJ45 connection, Supports 10/100 Base-T using CAT5 UTP cable.|
|Operating temperature||32°F to 140°F (0°C to 60°C)|
|Relative Humidity||0 to 95% non-condensing RH|
|Regulatory Approvals||FCC Part 15, Class B, CE, EN55022, EN55024, EN60950, UL 1950, CSA 2.2 No. 950, IEC-950|
|Power||120 or 230 VAC at 50 or 60 Hz via AC adapter.|
|Dimensions||WxDxH (In.): 7.2x4.4x1|