The SmartAVI VDX System is a video extender which uses a single CAT5 to broadcast high resolution UXGA and RS232 1000ft away.
SmartAVI VDX Features:
- Uses easy to install, inexpensive CAT5/5e/6/7/8.
- Output reaches up to 1,000 feet (300 m).
- Supports high resolution clear video up to 1900x1200
- HDTV compatible (720p, 1080i,1080p)
- 300 MHz Bandwidth.
- Sends high-resolution XVGA and RS232 signals.
- Compatible with VGA, XGA, Sun, MAC and SGI
- Sync Format / Polarity Preservation.
- Bidirectional serial RS-232 (Tx/Rx) control.
- High ground loop immunity.
- Built-in lightning, power surge and transient protection.
- Designated trimmer in the remote unit to compensate for cable length.
- Compact metal case enclosure
- Remote units come with buffered outputs.
SmartAVI VDX Video Extender Application Diagram
- Presentations - The VDX series enhances any presentation from commercial products to corporate financial data. It can be used in show rooms, board rooms, trade shows, Kiosks and window displays.
- Data Broadcasting - Data such as news, stock prices, sports results, and flight information can be broadcast in real time to various monitors.
- Learning and Training - VDX can be used in educational presentations to multiple locations, in schools and in other training facilities.
- VDX-TX Transmitter Unit
- VDX-RX Receiver Unit
- 2 X (PS5VD1A)
SmartAVI VDX Specifications:
|Weight||0.1 lb. (0.3 kg.)|
|Requirements||5V DC @500mA|
|Connector||5x2.1mm DC jack|
|Analog Signal Level||1 Volt|
|Connector||High Density HD15|
|Sync||TTL horizontal SyncRange: 15 to 130 KHz Vertical Sync Range 30 to 120 Hz|
|Connection||Bi-directional Transmit Receive Only, RXD, TXD|
|Type||CAT5 UTP EIA 568A|
Answer: Thank you for your inquiry,
The SmartAVI VDXS does not support RTS flow control. You may want to consider the similar Adder X2-Silver extender instead, which we confirmed with the vendor supports full transparent RS232 including RTS flow control for touch screens.