The Adder X-USB-A couples high resolution video transmission with advanced USB extension technology to provide an innovative console extension solution. Using Extreme USBTM technology, the X-USB-A enables all USB 1.1 compatible devices to be extended over 120 meters of CATx (x=3,4,5,5e,6) cable. The same cable carries high definition video signals at resolutions up to 1600 x 1200 and advanced finely adjustable cable equalization ensures a sharp picture quality. This feature of the X-USB-A extender enables a complete desktop to be located remotely, including a keyboard, monitor, mouse, graphics tablet, touch screen, disk drive, flash memory stick, webcam, and any other device that would normally be plugged into your computer's USB port.
The X-USB receiver unit includes an integral 4 port USB hub to enable you to connect a multiplicity of devices. More devices may also be connected by cascading USB hubs if necessary. Most USB 2.0 devices will work in USB 1.1 mode and so almost all USB devices are supported by the X-USB extender. Audio features may be supported via the USB link or, alternatively, a second CATx cable may be connected to provide high fidelity stereo audio and microphone support via standard PC-style audio jacks. To ensure high compatibility across a wide range of devices, the X-USB is fitted with DDC (Display Data Channel) support and advanced spike suppression circuits. DDC functions are required for Sun and high resolution video card compatibility and the spike suppression circuits increase reliability in electrically noisy installations.
Other X-Series units may be used to provide multi-head extension solutions and the AdderView Prism may be used to provide local access to the computer. The X-SKEW compensator may be used to compensate any color skew effects introduced by certain types of long CATx cable.
AdderLink X-USB KVM Extender Diagram
Adder X-USB-A Features:
- Offers a complete remote desktop extension solution
- Suitable for use with Mac G3 and G4 (requires DVI-I to VGA adaptor)
- Supports USB 1.1 and video extension over 120m of CATx cable
- Supports high resolution video (1600 x 1200 pixels) with fine video adjustments
- May be used as a stand alone extender or rack mounted in the X-Series rack chassis
- Compatible with most USB devices (all USB 1.1, and USB 2.0 full speed)
- High fidelity stereo audio may be supported using a second CATx cable
- Includes DDC support for Sun and high resolution video card compatibility
- Display Data Channel - Enables the computer to collect information from the display via the video connector.
- Cables - Supplied with a video cable, USB cable and audio cable for connecting the computer-end unit to the computer. Devices may be plugged directly into the console-end unit.
Adder X-USB-A Specification:
|Mechanical||Local Unit||Remote Unit|
|Height||1 in. (26 mm.)||1 in. (26 mm.)|
|Width||6.4 in. (165 mm.)||6.4 in. (165 mm.)|
|Depth||2.9 in. (75 mm.)||2.9 in. (75 mm.)|
|Weight||1.1 lbs. (0.5 kg)||1.1 lbs. (0.5 kg)|
|Rack Space||16 units fit into 2U of rack space||16 units fit into 2U of rack space|
|USB Computer||1 x USB type B||N/A|
|Computer Video||1 x 15-pin high-density D-type female||N/A|
|Computer Speaker||1 x 3.5mm||1 x 3.5mm|
|Microphone||1 x 3.5mm||1 x 3.5mm|
|CATx cable||2 x RJ45 (1 for USB, video & DDC, 1 for stereo speaker & microphone||2 x RJ45 (1 for USB, video & DDC, 1 for stereo speaker & microphone|
|Optional power adapter||2.5mm DC jack (only required for video only applications)||2.5mm DC jack|
|USB Device||N/A||4 x USB type A|
|Monitor||N/A||1 x 15-pin high-density D-type female|
|Indicators||On, Host and Link||On and Link|
|Video resolutions||Up to 1600 x 1200 pixels|
|Extension distance||Up to 120 meters using CATx cable (x=3,4,5,5e,6)|
|Extension technology||Uses approved Icron Extreme USB technology for wide compatibility and reliability|
|Device support||Supports all USB 1.1 devices (full speed and low speed modes) and most USB 2.0 devices (ones that will run in low speed or full speed USB 1.1 modes).|
|Computers||Compatible with PC, Sun and Mac computers running operating systems that support USB devices|
|Approvals||FCC class A, CE marked|