The AdderLink X2-Silver/R is the Receiver unit for the Adder X2-Silver extender system. (Transmitter unit is sold separately). This system extends high quality video, keyboard, mouse and transparent RS232 up to 300m/1000ft over Category 5 or higher cable. The X2-Silver-R KVM and RS232 receiver offers increased distance over which video can be transmitted and the high resolutions that can be achieved at these distances. The X2-Silver-R achieves resolutions of 1600 x 1200 at 200m/650ft and 1280x1024 at 300m/1000ft.
Integral electronic DeSkew is also provided to compensate for any color skew effects that may be introduced by long CATx cables, achieving crystal clear video, even at longer distances. For maximum convenience all video adjustments may be simply made using the keyboard. DDC circuits are also fitted to enable the computer to query the monitor so that the video card can be optimally configured. Without this circuitry, some well known high performance video cards cannot be used at high resolutions. This X2 extenders feature transparent serial ports that enable a wide range of serial devices to be connected at baud rates up to 57,600.
Adder X2-Silver System Features:
- Extends KVM and transparent RS232 across a single CATx cable
- Video quality at resolutions up to 1600 x 1200 at 200m and 1280 x 1024 at 300m
- Fully transparent RS232 interface enables a wide range of serial devices to be connected
- Integrated state of the art 300MHz DeSkew circuit (up to 62ns DeSkew with 2ns granularity)
- Use stand alone or rackmount 16 modules across 2U (rackmount kit sold separately)
- Advanced spike suppression circuits for reliability in noisy™ applications
- Flash upgradeability enables future enhancements
- Supports DDC signaling to ensure optimal video card setup
- Spike suppression - The X2-Silver is fitted with spike suppression circuits.
- Application - The X2-Silver is not suitable for linking between buildings.
- Display Data Channel - DDC signaling is supported to enable the computer to communicate with the monitor and thus configure its video card for optimal operation.
Note: the X-Series rack panels are not included and need to be purchased separately as required
Adder X2-Silver-R Specifications:
|Height||1 in. (26 mm.)|
|Width||6.7 in. (172 mm.)|
|Depth||2.9 in. (75 mm.)|
|Rack Space||16 units fit into 2U of rack space|
|Temperature Tolerance||0-40°C (32 to 104°F)|
|Humidity Tolerance||5 to 60% non condensing|
|Usage||5VDC at 500mA|
|CATx cable||1 x RJ45|
|Keyboard||1 x purple 6-pin mini-DIN female|
|Mouse||1 x green 6-pin mini-DIN female|
|Monitor||1 x blue 15-pin high-density D-type female|
|Power adapter||2.5mm DC jack|
|Computer/KVM switch||Compatible with desktop, rack mount and laptop PCs with PS/2 keyboard and mouse connections|
|Operating system||Compatible with all major operating systems including DOS; OS/2; UNIX; MS Windows 9x, NT, 2000, XP;NetWare and RS6000|
|Keyboard||Supports PS/2 style keyboards with 6-pin mini-DIN connectors|
|Mouse||Supports a wide range of PS/2 style 2 button, 3 button, wheel, IntelliMouse (3 button with wheel), IntelliMouse Explorer (5 button with wheel) and other mice that support the Microsoft mouse signaling protocols|
|RS232||Transparent serial port operation ensures wide device compatibility without the need to configure baud rates or protocols on the X2 to match your equipment.|
|1600 x 1280||up to 200 meters/650 feet|
|1280 x 1024||up to 300 meters/1000 feet|
|Approvals||FCC class A, CE marked|
Adder X2-SILVER/R-US is also known as X2-SILVER-R, X2-SILVER/R and X2-SILVER-R-US.
Answer: Thank you for your inquiry,
The X2-Silver broadcasts a single VGA source to a single remote location (to this X2-Silver-R receiver).
We have many solutions for you depending on your application-
For dual access, you may be interested in X2-DA-Silver:
https://www.kvm-switches-online.com/x2-da-silver.html (remote + Local access)
https://www.kvm-switches-online.com/alif1002at-us.html (unlimited remote access points)
For a kit with Dual Monitor, you may be interested in:
For a kit with Dual Monitor + Dual Access, you may be interested in:
AddreLink Infinity solution: https://www.kvm-switches-online.com/alif2002at-us.html
Alternatively you may also be interested in a KVM-over-IP based solution where sources can be accessed from multiple locations at once:
For a recommendation based on your application, please feel free to contact your KVM Switches Online sales representative here: https://www.kvm-switches-online.com/contact-us.html