Icron Rover 1850 - USB 1.1 CAT5e Extender (280 ft) - Line Powered
The Icron USB Rover 1850 (00-00301 or RV1850) extends USB 1.1 connections beyond the desktop up to 85* meters without external power adapters, ideal for keyboards, mice, game controllers and interactive whiteboards - including all SMART Boards and Promethean ActivBoards.
USB Rover products operate over standard solid core Cat 5e UTP cable (the same wiring used in Ethernet). The USB Rover 1850 uses technology ideal for extending USB peripherals and does not require additional software for either the computer or the target devices.
The USB Rover 1850 product is composed of two separate units: the Local Extender (LEX) and the Remote Extender (REX). Conventional USB cables are used to connect the LEX unit to the host computer, and the remote USB device to the REX unit. Cat 5e UTP cabling is used to connect the LEX and REX units over a distance of up to 85m (279 ft).
Icron's USB Rover 1850 extension system is ideal for use with USB peripherals including: keyboards, mice, interactive white boards (including SMART Boards and Promethean ActivBoards), and game controllers.
Icron USB Rover 1850 (00-00301)
Icron USB Rover 1850 Features & Benefits
- Reliable operation with more USB devices including USB 1.1 web cameras and USB hubs
- Works with all SMART Boards and Promethean ActivBoards
- Remote extender supplies up to 400mA* to USB devices
- Provides support for any full-speed (12 Mbps) or low-speed (1.5 Mbps) USB device
- Robust ESD and EFT immunity for industrial environments
- Designed and FCC/CE certified in North America
- ExtremeUSB suite of features:
- Transparent USB extension
- True plug and play; no software drivers required
- Works with all operating systems: Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux
- 3 year warranty
Rover 1850 (00-00301) Package Contents
- (1) Icron USB Rover 1850 Transmitter (LEX)
- (1) Icron USB Rover 1850 Receiver (REX)
- (1) Power Adapter and US-specific Power Cord
- (1) Quick Start Guide
- (1) 3-Year Standard Warranty
Icron USB Rover 1850 (00-00301) Specifications
|REX Dimensions||85mm x 40mm x 22mm (3.34" x 1.57" x 0.87")|
|LEX Dimensions||85mm x 40mm x 22mm (3.34" x 1.57" x 0.87")|
|Operating Temperature||0°C to 50°C (32°F to 122°F)|
|USB Connectors||1 x USB Type A Receptacle|
|Pig Tail Length||15.2cm (6")|
|Link Connector||1 x RJ45|
|Maximum Current Available||400mA when LEX is supplied with 700mA|
1 x USB Type A Plug
|Pig Tail Length||45.7cm (18")|
|Link Connector||1 x RJ45|
|Emissions||FCC (Class A), CE (Class A)|
|Immunity||CE Criteria A|
This unit is the recommended replacement for the Icron USB Rover 1650 (00-00084G)
Answer: Thank you for your inquiry. This unit will use a single CAT5 cable. We are not sure which particular pairs are in use on the cable, but we assume more than one pair is needed to transmit all the data.