The AdderLink Silver ALSRX CAT5 Receiver offers KVM extension with remote KVM switch and local control. Convenient and remote control of a PC or KVM switch over 200m (650 ft) of UTP cable. The AdderLink Silver receiver has all the features of the AdderLink plus local KVM control and a remote KVM switch, for added flexibility. The AdderLink CAT5 receiver is designed to control a PC or KVM switch remotely over a single network cable. Serial RS232 is featured as standard, making the AdderLink Silver ideal for 'touch screen', remote industrial and other serial applications. Ideal for use in harsh, manufacturing environments, as well as broadcast and multimedia applications where the CPU can be located in a secure, clean and dirt free location.
This AdderLink Silver remote (receiver) unit has a computer connection and an integral KVM switch that enables the remote user to switch their KVM console to control either the computer connected to the receiver unit or the computer / KVM switch connected to the transmitter unit (sold seperately). Both the transmitter and receiver can be conveniently rackmounted in pairs by using the optional 1U rackmount kit.
Adder ALSRX Features:
- Integrated KVM switch allows a computer to be connected at the remote location
- High SVGA video quality
- Compatible with all major operating systems including DOS, OS/2, UNIX, Windows, Netware and Linux
- Supports PC style (PS/2) keyboards and mice and many extra key, button and wheel features
- Also supports older style AT keyboards and RS232 mice
- Transparent' RS232 connection ensures maximum device support
- Distance of up to 200m (650 feet) supported between transmitter and receiver
- 'Feed through' KVM console connection at local (transmitter) unit provides local control capability
- Password protection mode
- Application - not suitable for linking between buildings
- Local Console - enables the computer or KVM switch to be controlled by a local keyboard, monitor, mouse and audio.
- Remote KVM switch - enables the screen keyboard, mouse and audio of the users PC to control both the desktop PC and the remote PC/KVM switch.
- Video compensation - Adjustable video compensation amplifiers enable the video sharpness to be adjusted using the keyboard
- Keyboard control - The cable equalization are controlled in 'configuration mode' using the keyboard attached to the remote (KVM console-end) unit.
- Indicators - The remote and local units are fitted with a link/activity indicator that shows the link status and indicate keyboard and mouse data activity.
Adder ALSRX Package Includes:
- Remote receiver (console-end) unit
- IEC style power supply and power cord
- Safety and installation leaflet
- CD manual
- Stick on rubber feet
Adder ALSRX Specifications:
|Height||1 in. (27 mm.)|
|Width||6.6 in. (168 mm.)|
|Depth||5.3 in. (136 mm.)|
|Weight||1.1 lb. (526 g.)|
|Keyboard||2 x 6-pin mini-DIN female|
|Mouse||2 x 6-pin mini-DIN female|
|Monitor||2 x 15-pin high-density D-type female|
|Serial||1 X 9 pin D type male|
|CATx cable||1 x RJ45|
|Optional Power Adapter||2.5mm DC jack|
|1600 x 1280||up to 100 meters/330 feet|
|1024 x 768||up to 200 meters/650 feet|
|Temperature Tolerance||0-40°C (32 to 104°F)|
|Humidity Tolerance||5 to 60% non condensing|
|Usage||5VDC at 500mA|
|Distance||Up to 200 meters / 650 feet using CATx cable (x=5,5e,6,7)|
|Technology||Differential analogue signaling for video signals, differential digital signaling for PS/2 keyboard, PS/2 mouse, RS232. Signals are multiplexed so that only one CATx cable is required|
|Computer/KVM switch||Compatible with desktop, rack mount and laptop PCs with PS/2 keyboard and mouse connections|
|Operating system||Compatible with all major operating systems including DOS; OS/2; UNIX; MS Windows 9x, NT, 2000, XP;NetWare and RS6000|
|Keyboard||Supports PS/2 style keyboards with 6-pin mini-DIN connectors|
|Mouse||Supports a wide range of PS/2 style 2 button, 3 button, wheel, IntelliMouse (3 button with wheel), IntelliMouse Explorer (5 button with wheel) and other mice that support the Microsoft mouse signalling protocols|
|RS232||'Transparent' serial port operation ensures wide device compatibility without the need to configure baud rates or protocols on the AdderLink to match your equipment|
|Approvals||FCC class A, CE marked|