The Avocent AMX5111 desktop user station provides access from your desk to one AMX KVM matrix switching system and one local computer. The AMX5111 user station supports PS/2 and USB keyboards and mice. The AMX5111 user station connects to your multi-platform KVM peripherals and sends the KVM signals over an industry-standard UTP cable to an Avocent AMX matrix switch. Avocent exclusive AutoTuning technology allows the AMX5111 user station to automatically compensate for varying UTP cable types and lengths, such as CAT 5, CAT 5e and CAT 6, include GigaFlex. AutoTuning technology adjusts for signal losses each time a switch is made to a server. The AMX5111 user station works with the OSCAR graphical user interface (GUI). The OSCAR interface uses multi-lingual, intuitive menus for click and connect system configuration and server selection.
Avocent AMX5111 Diagram
Avocent AMX5111 Features & Benefits:
- Full bandwidth and real-time access to servers. Facilitates access to multiple servers and applications where full bandwidth video quality is critical
- Easy to use OSCAR graphical user interface. The OSCAR interface uses intuitive menus for point and click system configuration and server selection. Allows immediate user interaction with the target computers without any training.
- The user station ships with the AMIQ-PS/2 server interace module. Provides convenient connectivity from PS2-based servers to the AMX switch
- Automatically compensates for varying cable types and lengths such as CAT 5, 5e and 6 including GigaFlex. This ensures a very clear, high-quality, crisp video image for all users.
- High video resolution. Optimal video resolutions up to 1280 x 1024 at 1,000 feet for demanding graphical applications
- Compact design. Doubles as a monitor stand with zero footprint on the desk
- Multi-platform support. Lets you use PS/2 and USB peripherals to connect to the KVM matrix
- Local PC access. Lets you access and control one local computer
Avocent AMX5111 Specifications:
|Height||1.74 in. (4.4 cm)|
|Width||10.9 in. (27.9 cm)|
|Depth||11.5 in. (29.2 cm)|
|Weight||4.41 lbs. (2.0 kg)|
|Operating Temperature||32 to 104 F (0 to 40 C)|
|Storage Temperature||-4 to 140 F (-20 to 60 C)|
|Operating Voltage||100 - 240 VAC|
|Power Frequency||50 - 60 Hz autosensing|
|Input||25 W max|
|Computers||PS/2, Sun and USB|
|Monitor||VGA, SVGA, XGA, SXGA, up to 1600 x 1200 @ 75Hz resolution|
|Peripherals||PS/2 keyboard and mouse, USB keyboard and mouse|
|Approved Agency||UL, FCC, cUL, CE, VCCI, C-TICK, NEMKO-GS, GOST|
Answer: The ECCN number for the HMX is: EAR99
Question: Does the User Station include any cabling?
Answer: Thank you for your inquiry. According to the most recent literature we have, the AMX5111 user station will ship with an AMIQ-PS2 module, but does not come with any CATx cabling.
Question: What version of usb port does the Avocent 5111 User Station have?
Answer: Thank you for your inquiry,
The AMX5111 User Station USB ports are USB 1.1 and are only dedicated for input devices such Keyboard and Mouses. They do not support composite devices such as drives or printers.