The Avocent AMX5121 desktop user station provides access from your desk to one AMX KVM matrix switching system and one local computer. The AMX5121 user station supports PS/2 and USB keyboards and mice and automatic video skew compensation.
The AMX5121 user station connects to your multi-platform PS/2 or USB KVM peripherals and sends the KVM signals over an industry-standard UTP cable to an Avocent AMX matrix switch.
Avocent exclusive AutoTuning technology allows the AMX5121 user station to automatically compensate for varying UTP cable types and lengths, such as CAT 5, CAT 5e and CAT 6, include GigaFlex. AutoTuning technology adjusts for signal losses each time a switch is made to a server.
The AMX5121 user station works with the OSCAR graphical user interface (GUI). The OSCAR interface uses multi-lingual, intuitive menus for click and connect system configuration and server selection.
Avocent AMX5121 BacksideAvocent AMX5121 Features & Benefits:
- Full bandwidth and real-time access to servers. Facilitates access to multiple servers and applications where full bandwidth video quality is critical
- Easy to use OSCAR graphical user interface. This interface uses intuitive menus for point and click system configuration and server selection. Allows immediate user interaction with the target computers without any training.
- AMX5121 user station ships with a AMIQ-PS2 module. AMIQ-PS2 module provides convenient connectivity to a local PS2-based computer
- Automatically compensates for varying cable types and lengths such as CAT 5, 5e and 6 including GigaFlex. This ensures a very clear, high-quality, crisp video image for all users.
- User station design also adjusts for skew between RGB signals each time a switch is made to a server. Eliminates the need for manual adjustments to the system to ensure consistent high video quality when switching between computers.
- High video resolution. Optimal video resolutions up to 1280 x 1024 at 1,000 feet for demanding graphical applications
- Compact design. Doubles as a monitor stand with zero footprint on the desk
- Multi-platform support. Lets you use PS/2 and USB peripherals to connect to the KVM matrix.
- Local PC access. Lets you access and control one local computer.
Avocent AMX5121 Diagram
Avocent AMX5121 Specifications:
|Height||1.74 in. (4.4 cm)|
|Width||10.9 in. (27.9 cm)|
|Depth||11.5 in. (29.2 cm)|
|Weight||4.41 lb (2 kg)|
|Operating Temperature||32 to 104 F (0 to 40 C)|
|Storage Temperature||-4 to 140 F (-20 to 60 C)|
|Operating Voltage||100 - 240 VAC|
|Power Frequency||50 - 60 Hz autosensing|
|Input||25 W maximum|
|Computers||PS/2, Sun and USB|
|Monitor||VGA, SVGA, XGA, SXGA, up to 1600 x 1200 @ 75Hz resolution|
|Peripherals||PS/2 keyboard and mouse, USB keyboard and mouse|
|Approved Agency||UL, FCC, cUL, CE, VCCI, C-TICK, NEMKO-GS, GOST|
Answer: Thank you for your inquiry. If we understand your question, the part number for the USB Server Interface Module (USB dongle) would be AMIQ-USB. That is the part that would connect to a remote server.
Question: would this product support portrait mode with its menus
Answer: Thank you for your inquiry. According to manufacturer spec's, the Avocent AMX5121-001 supports 16:9 and 16:10 aspect ratios. With that said, it would be hard to determine if the switch could process a display signal that has been set to 'portrait' or rotated in Screen Preferences on the target machine as this would output something similar to 9:16 or 10:16 ratios. If you would like a recommendation based on your application, please feel free to contact your KVM Switches Online sales representative.
Question: What item replaced the AMX 5121 KVM switch?
Answer: Thank you for your inquiry,
The Avocent AMX5000 series was replaced with the new Avocent MX Matrix series, and as such the indirect replacement for this AMX5121 user station would be the MXR5110. However please note, the MXR5110 is not compatible with the AMX5000 series.
If you are looking to replace or add a unit in your current AMX5000 configuration, please feel free to contact your KVM Switches Online Sales Representative directly to inquire about any left-over End-Of-Life stock that may still be available.
If you are hoping for to find a more analogous replacement series (VGA and PS2), you may also want to consider either the ROSE Xtensys Series or the Raritan Paragon 2 Series.
For a recommendation for the ideal solution for your application, please feel free to contact your KVM Switches Online Sales Representative directly.