Avocent LongView 4000 Series DVI Extenders - up to 164 ft.
The LV4000 high performance KVM (Keyboard, Video and Mouse) extenders enable you to locate your critical computing hardware in a secure and temperature controlled environment, away from the user work station environment, while maintaining the same user experience. The LV4000 Series can transmit a single or two single Link DVI video streams, USB 2.0 and analog audio over a single CATx cable.
- Digital Extension Technology - Allows the computer and user to be located up to 164 feet from the source.
- Precision video - single or dual display DVI-D (HDMI with adapter) resolutions of 1920 x 1200 are achievable at up to 50 meters (164ft)
- Plug and Play - The LV4000 Series extenders are delivered in a zero config state so you can plug them in and start working with them straight away. There's no need for drivers or software to be installed.
- USB Support - Enables connection of any USB human interface device from mice and keyboards through to graphics tablets, touchscreens, jog shuttles, joysticks, 3D explorers and mass storage devices. Full speed (12Mbps) isochronous devices such as headsets are supported.
- USB Powered & Emulated two page DDC EDID - The transmitter is powered via its USB port to reduce the need for external supplies. There is an option for an external power supply if the USB port has insufficient power. This extender system has intelligent EDID management to allow the true characteristics of the monitor to be passed back to the computer - no lag, dropped monitors, or screen flickering during switch.
- Audio - Stereo CD quality (stereo channel 16 bit sampled at 44.1kHz) is available to transfer audio from local to remote for line out.
- Rack options - Both transmitter and receiver units can be used stand-alone or up to 16.
Perfect digital video, real time control
The LV4000 Series extenders use an uncompressed system whereby every pixel of every frame is sent without loss. HDMI video and audio can be extended with the correct adapter cable, although HDCP and CEC are not supported.
The LV4000 Series extenders are designed to be highly power efficient and run with the minimum of input. In fact, the transmitter unit is so energy efficient that it can be powered solely from the host computer USB connections.