Avocent LongView CATx Extender Kit - DVI, USB / USB Hub, audio - up to 164ft
Avocent LV4010P-001 extender kit (transmitter & receiver) lets you place a USB keyboard & mouse, DVI monitor, speakers and microphone up to 164 feet away from a computer or Avocent KVM switch.
The LV4000 high performance KVM (Keyboard, Video and Mouse) extenders enable you to locate your critical computing hardware in a secure and temperature controlled environment, away from the user work station environment, while maintaining the same user experience. The LV4000 Series can transmit a single or two single Link DVI video streams, USB 2.0 and analog audio over a single CATx cable.
- Digital Extension Technology - Allows the computer and user to be located up to 164 feet from the source.
- Precision video - DVI-D (HDMI with adapter) resolutions of 1920 x 1200 are achievable at up to 50 meters (164ft)
- Plug and Play - The LV4000 Series extenders are delivered in a zero config state so you can plug them in and start working with them straight away. There's no need for drivers or software to be installed.
- USB Support - Enables connection of any USB human interface device from mice and keyboards through to graphics tablets, touchscreens, jog shuttles, joysticks, 3D explorers and mass storage devices. Full speed (12Mbps) isochronous devices such as headsets are supported.
- USB Powered & Emulated two page DDC EDID - The transmitter is powered via its USB port to reduce the need for external supplies. There is an option for an external power supply if the USB port has insufficient power. This extender system has intelligent EDID management to allow the true characteristics of the monitor to be passed back to the computer - no lag, dropped monitors, or screen flickering during switch.
- Audio - Stereo CD quality (stereo channel 16 bit sampled at 44.1kHz) is available to transfer audio from local to remote for line out.
- Rack options - Both transmitter and receiver units can be used stand-alone or up to 16.
Perfect digital video, real time control
The LV4000 Series extenders use an uncompressed system whereby every pixel of every frame is sent without loss. HDMI video and audio can be extended with the correct adapter cable, although HDCP and CEC are not supported.
The LV4000 Series extenders are designed to be highly power efficient and run with the minimum of input. In fact, the transmitter unit is so energy efficient that it can be powered solely from the host computer USB connections.
Important extension distance details
Recommended cables are CAT7 shielded foiled twisted pairs: Daetwyler 7702 Flexible patch cable Daetwyler 7120 Bulk cable Category 5 (or better) shielded twisted pair cable must be used to connect the local and remote units in order to maintain compliance with radio frequency energy emission regulations and ensure a suitably high level of immunity to electromagnetic disturbances.
Resolution (@60Hz) Cable Patches Distance
1920 x 1200 CAT7 @ 50m (164 ft.)
1920 x 1200 CAT6a @ 50m (164 ft.)
1680 x 1200 CAT5e @ 50m (164 ft.)
1920 x 1200 CAT7 @ 40m (131 ft.)
Avocent LV4010P is a replacement for the Avocent LVIPHR-001
|Transmitter||4.7in x 3in x 1in |
120mm x 75mm x 26mm
|Receiver||4.7in x 3in x 1in |
120mm x 75mm x 26mm
|Transmitter||.7 lbs. (.32 Kg)|
|Receiver||.7 lbs. (.32 Kg)|
|Operating Temperature||32° to 104°F|
(0° to 40°C)
|Power Frequency||50-60 Hz|
|Input Power||0.4 A|
LV4010 Transmitter 1 x Single Link DVI-D
LV4010 Receiver 1 x Single Link DVI-D
Resolutions up to 1920x1200 @60Hz
|Multimedia||Analog stereo audio|
1 x 3.5mm in (TX)
1 x 3.5 mm out (RX)
1 stereo speaker socket
8 channels of HDMI audio are supported with sample sizes of 16, 20 or 24 bits at 32kHz, 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 88.2kHz, 96kHz, 176.4kHz, or 192kHz (simultaneously with the jack audio).
SSL/AES 128 bit
100Mbps or 1Gbps
CE, FCC, UL
Answer: Thank you for your iquiry,
We do indeed! Here are a few options for your application:
- Single-Mode or Multi-Mode (or CatX) Point-to-Point Extender / Solution: Adder INFINITY ALIF2020P.
- Single-Mode Point-to-Point Extender: SmartAVI FDX-S2US.
- Multi-Mode Point-to-Point Extender: SmartAVI FDX-M2US.
We also have several other solutions available - you can use our KVM Extender selector to quickly narrow-down results based on features for your application (most of our KVM Extenders that are online are there - rest coming soon!). You can also find all of our Dual Monitor DVI KVM Extenders on the Multi-Monitor Fiber KVM Extenders page.
Converting the extension interface of the LV4010P from CatX to Fiber (i.e. if the unit is hardwired into a building) is not really possible without utilizing a second extender (plug in the output from the LV4010P into the new extender. note, that would still only carry 1x DVI). Some extenders such as the Adder INFINITY series feature support for modular SFP transceivers that you can use to easily swap out the interface for future applications.
If you would like help configuring the ideal solution for your application, please feel free contact your KVM Switches Online Sales Expert directly.
Question: on the LV4010P-001, is the CATx modular? Can it be swapped out with either a LC-MM-SFP or LC-SM-SFP
Answer: Thank you for your inquiry,
The LV 4000 series extenders do not feature modular SFP modules. You may want to consider the Adder Infinity series instead - each extender in that series can use CatX, Single-mode Fiber, or Dual-mode Fiber SFP transceivers.
Question: I am looking at the Avocent LongView LV4010P-001, and I have a question: Will LV4010P work with VGA? - I see that it is DVI-D only, just need a confirmation.
Answer: Thank you for your inquiry,
You can use an active VGA to DVI converter like the Adder DVA to support a VGA source on the LV4010P-001. That being said, you may be interested the native VGA version instead: Avocent (by Vertiv) LV3010P-001.