Avocent LongView CATx Extender Kit - Dual Monitor DVI, USB / USB Hub, audio - up to 164ft
Avocent LV4020P-001 extender kit (transmitter & receiver) lets you place a USB keyboard & mouse, dual-monitor DVI, speakers and microphone up to 164 feet away from a computer or Avocent KVM switch.
The LV4000 high performance KVM (Keyboard, Video and Mouse) extenders enable you to locate your critical computing hardware in a secure and temperature controlled environment, away from the user work station environment, while maintaining the same user experience. The LV4000 Series can transmit a single or two single Link DVI video streams, USB 2.0 and analog audio over a single CATx cable.
- Digital Extension Technology - Allows the computer and user to be located up to 164 feet from the source.
- Precision video - Dual Display DVI-D (HDMI with adapter) resolutions of 1920 x 1200 are achievable at up to 50 meters (164ft)
- Plug and Play - The LV4000 Series extenders are delivered in a zero config state so you can plug them in and start working with them straight away. There's no need for drivers or software to be installed.
- USB Support - Enables connection of any USB human interface device from mice and keyboards through to graphics tablets, touchscreens, jog shuttles, joysticks, 3D explorers and mass storage devices. Full speed (12Mbps) isochronous devices such as headsets are supported.
- USB Powered & Emulated two page DDC EDID - The transmitter is powered via its USB port to reduce the need for external supplies. There is an option for an external power supply if the USB port has insufficient power. This extender system has intelligent EDID management to allow the true characteristics of the monitor to be passed back to the computer - no lag, dropped monitors, or screen flickering during switch.
- Audio - Stereo CD quality (stereo channel 16 bit sampled at 44.1kHz) is available to transfer audio from local to remote for line out.
- Rack options - Both transmitter and receiver units can be used stand-alone or up to 16.
Perfect digital video, real time control
The LV4000 Series extenders use an uncompressed system whereby every pixel of every frame is sent without loss. HDMI video and audio can be extended with the correct adapter cable, although HDCP and CEC are not supported.
The LV4000 Series extenders are designed to be highly power efficient and run with the minimum of input. In fact, the transmitter unit is so energy efficient that it can be powered solely from the host computer USB connections.
Important extension distance details
Recommended cables are CAT7 shielded foiled twisted pairs: Daetwyler 7702 Flexible patch cable Daetwyler 7120 Bulk cable Category 5 (or better) shielded twisted pair cable must be used to connect the local and remote units in order to maintain compliance with radio frequency energy emission regulations and ensure a suitably high level of immunity to electromagnetic disturbances.
Resolution (@60Hz) Cable Patches Distance
1920 x 1200 CAT7 @ 50m (164 ft.)
1920 x 1200 CAT6a @ 50m (164 ft.)
1680 x 1200 CAT5e @ 50m (164 ft.)
1920 x 1200 CAT7 @ 40m (131 ft.)
Avocent LV4020P is a replacement for the Avocent LVIPDH-001
|Transmitter||4.7in x 3in x 2in |
120mm x 75mm x 48mm
|Receiver||4.7in x 3in x 2in |
120mm x 75mm x 48mm
|Transmitter||1.1 lbs. (.50 Kg)|
|Receiver||1.1 lbs. (.50 Kg)|
|Operating Temperature||32° to 104°F|
(0° to 40°C)
|Power Frequency||50-60 Hz|
|Input Power||0.4 A|
LV4020 Transmitter 2 x Single Link DVI-D
LV4020 Receiver 2 x Single Link DVI-D
Resolutions up to 1920x1200 @60Hz
|Multimedia||Analog stereo audio|
1 x 3.5mm in (TX)
1 x 3.5 mm out (RX)
1 stereo speaker socket
8 channels of HDMI audio are supported with sample sizes of 16, 20 or 24 bits at 32kHz, 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 88.2kHz, 96kHz, 176.4kHz, or 192kHz (simultaneously with the jack audio).
SSL/AES 128 bit
100Mbps or 1Gbps
CE, FCC, UL
Answer: Thank you for your inquiry,
Avocent currently only has a Quick Installation Manual and a Brochure available for the LV4020P-001:
Avocent (by Vertiv) LV4020P Quick Installation Guide / Manual
Avocent (by Vertiv) LV4020P Brochure
Please let us know if there is anything else we can ever help you with!